ADVERTISEMENT

Live stream of Keyser-Wayne

Wayne drove 5 hours to get beat by Keyser. Now Keyser will now drive 5 hours to play Bluefield next week. I get the MPSSAA regional set up when you bring this argument into the equation. Some folks don't understand how to manage money. This set up is absolutely not cost effective. That does not delete the fact the MPSSAA can still keep regions while making the playoff system better.

Pennsylvania does it the right way.

Wayne drove 5 hours to get beat by Keyser. Now Keyser will now drive 5 hours to play Bluefield next week. I get the MPSSAA regional set up when you bring this argument into the equation. Some folks don't understand how to manage money. This set up is absolutely not cost effective. That does not delete the fact the MPSSAA can still keep regions while making the playoff system better.

How exactly does PA do their playoffs?

Although it is not cost effective I also view these trips as learning experiences. Some of the players will never venture outside of their communities to see other parts of their state. Away playoff games provide these students the chance to see places they may never see otherwise. Many coaches will also plan stops along the way to visit state landmarks or historic sites to add to the value of these trips.

I also know that booster clubs, parents and local businesses often chip in to defray some fo the costs of traveling. Just another perspective on the variety of playoff formats in different states.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT