ADVERTISEMENT

Just curious as to everyone’s opinion.

Redwhite90

Varsity Poster
Oct 17, 2017
After reading posts about area football and other teams, was just curious as to if anyone had an opinion when you think of the current strongest athletic school in the area. By that I mean I think we can all agree that currently Fort Hill wears that crown in football, but when I think of basketball and wrestling I think Southern right now. When I think Softball and Baseball id probably give both the nod to Allegheny although Northern Baseball looks great this year. Boys and Girls soccer I admit not an expert here but perhaps Mt Ridge? Track seems too sporadic to deem a consistent favorite. So my question is , when someone thinks of the school with the current best success for athletics , is there a school that comes to mind or does football skew it so far in one direction that naturally FH is the school? No right answer here, just curious of the pulse out there...

After reading posts about area football and other teams, was just curious as to if anyone had an opinion when you think of the current strongest athletic school in the area. By that I mean I think we can all agree that currently Fort Hill wears that crown in football, but when I think of basketball and wrestling I think Southern right now. When I think Softball and Baseball id probably give both the nod to Allegheny although Northern Baseball looks great this year. Boys and Girls soccer I admit not an expert here but perhaps Mt Ridge? Track seems too sporadic to deem a consistent favorite. So my question is , when someone thinks of the school with the current best success for athletics , is there a school that comes to mind or does football skew it so far in one direction that naturally FH is the school? No right answer here, just curious of the pulse out there...
For me football is king so in that regard FH. Reading your post sounds like the rest is pretty spread out.

Reactions: Redwhite90
Fort Hill- football
Mountain ridge- boys and girls soccer
Southern- wrestling, boys and girls basketball
Frankfort- baseball
Allegany- softball

This is a pretty interesting thread to think about. I made my list off the top of my head and I’ll probably change my mind as the thread grows. I didn’t put one down for track just because almost every school sends someone to states in something.

Yes I understand it’s difficult. I appreciated HBpass giving his view on the individual sports. We had most the same but he listed Frankfort for baseball which I hadn’t initially considered but after thinking about it was a good choice as well. Are the others pretty much the same for everyone or are there other views out there? It’s like I have said before , schools our size you can be great at one sport or good at a few sports but VERY difficult to be GREAT at a lot of sports. Too much year round training for each individual sports now. Not enough great athletes to go around at an A sized school.

Reactions: hbpass2
FH.NOT EVEN CLOSE ! FOOTBALL,TRACK,VOLLEYBALL,CHEERLEADERS,BAND,LARGEST FAN BASE !BEST FEEDER PROGRAM FOR FOOTBALL !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT