ADVERTISEMENT

Is sherando still coming next year?

hbpass2

All State Poster
Dec 5, 2011
I've heard a few times over the offseason that they are not. Any comments or answers?

I don't know where rumors get started. But to clarify...
Sherando is coming to Greenway in 2016 - YES for the same week (Oct. 21, 2016)
FH is traveling to South Hagerstown - YES for the same week (Oct. 14, 2016)

I don't know who runs that Sherando link but it has no game listed for October 21, 2016.

The only change is Clearfield will not honor the contract and return the game to FH in 2016. Their Coach Tim Janocko, who is also the school principal, went yellow. I'm not talking about a team that won't play FH, I'm talking about a team who is under contract with FH and made them travel there the first year. If it walks like a chicken and clucks like a chicken.

The Clearfield story is on this board for those that care to re-read it.

Sherando schedule now showing full 10 games including game at Fort Hill. I don't think you would ever find a group less likely to back out on a contract. AD and coach are as first class as they come. They want to play the best competition they can. Virginia has a great point system that rewards you for playing tough competition - Win or lose.

I never hear negatives about Sherando in any sport. Great to see this! It'll be another great game I'm sure!

Say what you want, hopefully it'll be decent weather, outside of Alco and Keyser crowds, you don't want to miss this one, can someone say? "THUNDERSTRUCK BY BIG RED!" I believe Sherando has a good many returning, time will tell. In "my" opinion these folks and this team's a class act regardless of what anyone says.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
The entire Sherando experience was class top to bottom. It felt even better coming away with the W.

During the second half, superstition got the best of me and I left my seat on the away side to go stand along the fence on the home side. Football version of a rally cap I guess.

Anyhoo, I stood next to 40something guy my age from Sherando area and he was very complimentary of FH - team, fans, etc...and he even said as they came out for the second half that he would be surprised if Sherando hung onto the lead. I asked why he said that and while he said he likes their coach, he has a tendency to not close out games. Lo and behold he was right. Anyway, while I was standing there the Sherando student section came down along the fence and basically surrounded me as if I was part of the group. I wasn't overly decked in red, so other than my occasional clapping when FH did something well, they didn't realize it. And while they were very animated and loud and all, they never booed...never yelled negative things...were very supportive of THEIR team not at all "anti-Fort Hill". A couple "oh no's" when Graves score the go ahead TD, but nothing negative other than exasperated sighs.

Basically, just reiterating what a very vocal yet respectful crowd and student section they had at Sherando.

Reactions: GREEN75
Mike Burke wrote a good article how over the past several years there have been very few good games at the stadium. In fact they have been awful, way too many mercy rule games or boring matchups. We need more games like FH vs. Sherando. I'd like to see the CVAL resurrected with Martinsburg, Jefferson, Musselman, Washington, Hedgesville, Hampshire, FH, Alco, Mountain Ridge and Keyser. Alco will go 5-5 some years and miss the playoffs against that schedule but so be it if that's the cost of having quality games return to the stadium. Please no more MATHS and Silver Oaks.

Mike Burke wrote a good article how over the past several years there have been very few good games at the stadium. In fact they have been awful, way too many mercy rule games or boring matchups. We need more games like FH vs. Sherando. I'd like to see the CVAL resurrected with Martinsburg, Jefferson, Musselman, Washington, Hedgesville, Hampshire, FH, Alco, Mountain Ridge and Keyser. Alco will go 5-5 some years and miss the playoffs against that schedule but so be it if that's the cost of having quality games return to the stadium. Please no more MATHS and Silver Oaks.

Be careful... Every time I say no more MATHS and Silver Oaks the attack dogs are unleashed... You'll eventually be accused of being a hater, trying to schedule teams out of the playoffs.... You'll be accused of wanting to schedule the Broncos and Patriots and whatever other absurdity they can come up with... Have mercy, how dare you mention scheduling The Almighty Martinsburg Bulldogs. What are you trying to get our kids hurt?? Or even worse they might be challenged

Last edited:
Sherando was a great experience. I personally benefited from parking and restaurant tips. In return, I plan on giving Sherando fans great advice when they come to Cumberland next year. I am going to tell them to park in the parking garage downtown and wait for the Shuttle that runs every hour on the hour directly to the Stadium. The shuttle looks like vintage van with an airbrushed Sentinel Football Player on the Tire Cover, and a FHFANS license plate. As for dinner, I'm recommending Mason's Barn and Crab Alley Seafood just before reaching City Limits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT