ADVERTISEMENT

Is football the only boys' sports where FH can beat Alco?

OneRing

Blue Chip Poster
Jul 11, 2011
Allegany won in soccer, basketball, baseball and track. What's that leave? Tennis and wrestling?

What has happened?

Track? FH finished 2nd at the Mtn Ridge Invite. Bowling. But for sure FH hoops and baseball are horrible right now. While on the blue side one has to tip their hat to what Eirich and Bauer are doing. Alco hoops and baseball have been exceptionally good for this area. Not so much on the state level though. FH Soccer did well but Alco had a very great team too.

Roles must be reversed. State titles in the last 5 years:

FH - 5 (Football 2013, 2014, 2015), Boys Track (2015), Volleyball (2013)

ALCO - None

Alco used to boast about state champions. What has happened?

Last edited:
Yes, track. Allegany won the City Meet and finished ahead of them at the WMD Invite.
And congratulations on being relevant at the state level for the first time ever. But the state level doesn't matter, right? Or were you lying all those years?

After 75 years of saying beating Allegany is all that matters, it's nice for the last five to see you beat someone outside of Cumberland.

Outside of football and soccer, Fort Hill isn't even relevant in the area.

Oh how quickly an individual such as OneRing forgets...Fort Hill won state championships in T&F in '98, 2005, and...........drum roll, please...............last year!

This is the one of the rare seasons since the early to mid-90s that Allegany has beaten Fort Hill in a track meet, and...the season is not over yet. :)

The most important meets have yet to be run - i.e. the 1A West Region and the MD 1A State Meet.

Fort Hills boys bowling team has just won championships the last 4 years. They will be solid next year again with Greg Fansler, Clay Evertt, Brandon Sears and Rusty Kunis coming back. The girls who won the show case last year will all be solid again.

1998? Then that means that Allegany football is relevant, right? 20 years ago!
Bowling? Bwaaahahahahaha!
That's desperation there.
1 out of 5 or 6 sports isn't bad, though.
It's no wonder you cling to football so tightly. It's all you got.

Desperation is a stinky cologne. I can remember a time when Alco's athletics were relevant enough that they would just win championships to silence the "we win at home argument". Now the tables have turned.

1998? Then that means that Allegany football is relevant, right? 20 years ago!
Bowling? Bwaaahahahahaha!
That's desperation there.
1 out of 5 or 6 sports isn't bad, though.
It's no wonder you cling to football so tightly. It's all you got.

And you would gladly give up every edge in the other sports to be on top in football. You don't fool anyone.

Reactions: towpath94
And you would gladly give up every edge in the other sports to be on top in football. You don't fool anyone.
You couldn't wait to prove just how much you cling to it. Sounds more like you can't even convince yourself on that one.

Desperation is a stinky cologne.

I can remember a time when Alco's athletics were relevant enough that they would just win championships to silence the "we win at home argument". Now the tables have turned.

It does stink, that was my point.
Is the best you can come up with really, 'I know you are, but what am I?'
How come for decades all you did was put up the record in the Homecoming games? Beating Allegany is all that mattered.
Are you know telling us that was just a lie you told yourself all those years and that head-to-head has never mattered? Or are you lying now?

Last edited:
It does stink, that was my point.
Is the best you can come up with really, 'I know you are, but what am I?'
How come for decades all you did was put up the record in the Homecoming games? Beating Allegany is all that mattered.
Are you know telling us that was just a lie you told yourself all those years and that head-to-head has never mattered? Or are you lying now?

Head-to-head has always mattered. That's never changed. Now that FH has been out titling Alco, it's even nicer. I understand better why Alco fans used to tout their championships.

At least Alco can use the head-to-head thing in a few local sports.

One Ring, those kids on that bowling team has an average between 180 to 200! I'd like to see you bowl that good !

FH beat Alco baseball in the playoffs when it matters. Whats worse..losing to Clear Spring in basketball or to FH in baseball?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT