ADVERTISEMENT

Is Alco down to 9 games?

BrianH1974

Blue Chip Poster
May 2, 2005
Heard Alco lost a varsity opponent. Rejected a chance to fill the hole with an Ohio team and one from PG County. Anyone heard this?

Maybe they could hold a Bull Roast and raise money to bring in a team from far away as suggested last year at this time. Playing 9 games instead of playing a national travel team was described as disgraceful (not by me).

Heard Alco lost a varsity opponent. Rejected a chance to fill the hole with an Ohio team and one from PG County. Anyone heard this?

Maybe they could hold a Bull Roast and raise money to bring in a team from far away as suggested last year at this time. Playing 9 games instead of playing a national travel team was described as disgraceful (not by me).

I wasn't aware that Alco had a string of state championships like FH, who was ducking teams and trashing teams that ducked them.

But since you're such a FH factotum, enlighten us on the recent FH 7 on 7. You know...

"Several fights broke out so Todd pulled our boys. A few parents were upset because two players were left behind in the attempt to leave."

I wasn't aware that Alco had a string of state championships like FH, who was ducking teams and trashing teams that ducked them.

But since you're such a FH factotum, enlighten us on the recent FH 7 on 7. You know...

"Several fights broke out so Todd pulled our boys. A few parents were upset because two players were left behind in the attempt to leave."

Eventually this person will compose themselves and we can move on to something more interesting than a tantrum. However, did Alco lose a game? Hope they did not.

If I wanted to chime in on your idiocy I would have done it in the appropriate thread. I was at the 7 on 7 event u speak of in Bedford. There were not any punches thrown, there was no bench clearing. Just a bunch of jawing and bitching from both sides. Whatever gets your rocks off dude. I could care less about what happens at 7 on 7 or what kids are doing at the park pool. Keep your FH football player fantasies on the other thread please.

Although I'm not sure what game Alco lost. I'm going to guess week 2. Rest assured Alco starting the season 0-2 is something blue wants no part of. Just be very thankful Chestnut Ridge moved on.

Last edited:
If I wanted to chime in on your idiocy I would have done it in the appropriate thread. I was at the 7 on 7 event u speak of in Bedford. There were not any punches thrown, there was no bench clearing. Just a bunch of jawing and bitching from both sides. Whatever gets your rocks off dude. I could care less about what happens at 7 on 7 or what kids are doing at the park pool. Keep your FH football player fantasies on the other thread please.

Although I'm not sure what game Alco lost. I'm going to guess week 2. Rest assured Alco starting the season 0-2 is something blue wants no part of. Just be very thankful Chestnut Ridge moved on.

I've heard it is the week 2 game. The PG school that had that date open was 4A Roosevelt.

Reactions: mike48

Ugh, like over two dozen posts in another thread and all anybody wanted was a clarification. So, not only do the red-jackets slime others at will, they decide what is news and not news.

All you had to do was post to your own forum fan that he/she was lying and this entire incident would have gone away.

Here is the post from "love the red 12"

"Several fights broke out so Todd pulled our boys. A few parents were upset because two players were left behind in the attempt to leave.
Love the red 12, Friday at 1:02 PM"

Knowing your history, I say you are generally full of shit. If an Allegany fan would have posted that, you Red A-wipes would have been all over it. Don't bother to deny it.

According to Max Preps (as we all know, not always accurate) Episcopal has Lawrenceville School on the date Allegany was supposed to be so that week 2 looks to be the open slot if accurate.

According to Max Preps (as we all know, not always accurate) Episcopal has Lawrenceville School on the date Allegany was supposed to be so that week 2 looks to be the open slot if accurate.

Did we ever find out which Episcopal the game was with? The one near Philly or the one near DC?

Oh well now that I look at Episcopal High School in Alexandria their schedule lists Allegany on 9/8 so they may still be there. The schedule for Allegany posted in another thread stated "Episcopal Academy" not "Episcopal High School". So they may actually still be playing that week two game then. Someone with more knowledge can chime in.

Fresh from the horses mouth...the game with Episcopal Academy has been canceled. It was neither schools fault, but that of MPSSAA. MD does not recognize or sanction this game for "what ever reason." So yes, Allegany is looking for a week 2 game. So lets not make anything more than it is other than an unfortunate curve in the schedule.

MPSSAA is really an obstacle when it comes to scheduling! Maryland really needs to scrap them and start over!

Might be because Episcopal Academy is part of the Inter-Ac League, which isn't part of the PIAA?

Fresh from the horses mouth...the game with Episcopal Academy has been canceled. It was neither schools fault, but that of MPSSAA. MD does not recognize or sanction this game for "what ever reason." So yes, Allegany is looking for a week 2 game. So lets not make anything more than it is other than an unfortunate curve in the schedule.

Episcopal in Alexandria has a nine game schedule and is open on 7 Sep.

Episcopal Academy has an indirect connection to a controversy in the 2017 MD 1A playoffs.

A Dunbar-Baltimore Poets junior wide receiver that practiced with the Poets in August of 2017 jumped ship before the season and transferred to Episcopal Academy. He played the full season at Episcopal but they did not make the playoffs.

He somehow ended up on the roster of Overlea for the 1st Round of the playoffs. Overlea demolished Reginald Lewis but the win was taken away due to having an illegal player. The kicker is it was assumed that Dunbar turned them in as Dunbar was scouting the game and thier former player was playing on Overlea. Another twist was that on the Baltimore forum there were allegations that this player lived in the the Overlea district in Baltimore County all along and yet he was gearing up to play for a Dunbar in the city before going to Episcopal.

Last edited:
Episcopal Academy is in the same league as Germantown Academy - the Inter-Academic League in Eastern PA. None of those teams are sanctioned by the MPSSAA. If older posters here will recall, Fort Hill was set to play Germantown Academy (Fort Washington, PA) back in 2010. I get a call literally on August 22 that year about a week before the season started that FH could not play teams in that league. At least Alco got a full month warning. I ended up scrambling at the very last minute back in 2010 to get a replacement and lo and behold up popped Silver Oak, of which both Alco and FH has been playing now for eight straight years.

I remember arguing with the MPSSAA about Germantown and just wound up with this dumb look on my face. Those teams are not sanctioned by the PIAA, but they are permitted to play other PIAA schools and do on an occasion. But they have to sign a different contract to play PIAA schools and that is a contract the MPSSAA does not have in place for out of state schools in this situation. Another ludicrous MPSSAA piece of manure. Those schools all meet the NHFS age requirements among all other rules.

Does everyone also realize MPSSAA schools cannot play any teams from Canada ever again? Because Canadian teams have the ability to use 5th year seniors they are forbidden in Maryland. Even though most of the Canadian schools do not use them, that doesn't matter. They can if they want to. C'mon MPSSAA...get over yourselves.

My biggest problem is they will approve these fly by night charter schools, magnet schools, christian academies, etc but they won't sanction schools that have been fielding football teams for the better part of 100 years. Then they sit on their hands when games get cancelled and whatnot and say theres nothing they can do.

I'm glad we're all on the same page now. For 7 years I've been trying to beat into your head how ridiculous it is to have a 1A school ranked higher than those top 4A schools.
But I have always been on that page when it came to that media poll. I think that poll irratated you more than it made any FH fans cheer. That's where you got lost. Wanting FH to schedule 4A schools to prove they belonged in that poll. FH doesn't care about the poll. It's nice recognition but anyone with an ounce of intelligence can see its flawed.

AGAIN, the state needs a 1A/2A poll like they do when picking post season individual honors.

So is there not a list of MPSSAA approved schools? Regardless of how ridiculous the MPSSAA is, which we all kinda agree on, is the list for out of state schools not current or consistent? Does this only happen whenever an out of state school is being requested for the first time, and then afterwards they go on a list as approved or not?

It would seem there should be an expedited process. People like to say there are more important things in life than football (sports), stop whining about it, etc..., which be that as it may, the MPSSAA's sole reason for existing is to, among other things, monitor high school athletics. It's their job to make sure this info is current and accurate.

The MPSSAA Football Director is the principal at Allegany.

I guess we now have enough information as to what happened. Allegany scheduled a team that clearly could have been assessed as not MPSSAA eligible. Conclusion: Lack of communication between the head coach and the principal. Now we just need to understand why.

Hopefully they can pick up another team.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
I guess we now have enough information as to what happened. Allegany scheduled a team that clearly could have been assessed as not MPSSAA eligible. Conclusion: Lack of communication between the head coach and the principal. Now we just need to understand why.

Hopefully they can pick up another team.
Lack of communication because this principal is a FH spy.. Seriously though I dont think he's very involved in Allegany Football which doesn't make sense.

Reactions: BIGALCO_70
A couple of years ago, when FH's schedule was the main topic, didn't Boyz say he had PG county concessions that he could contact that would play FH? Finding a week 2 game for Allegany should be rather simple.

A couple of years ago, when FH's schedule was the main topic, didn't Boyz say he had PG county concessions that he could contact that would play FH? Finding a week 2 game for Allegany should be rather simple.

I assume you mean to say "connections"??

I have a few connections around the state but I never said schedule making was easy. It's also not as difficult as some people are making it seem. I think you are referring to my comment that I could find a Top 25 Maryland team to play, and I completely stand by that statement. Every top Maryland school plays another top school just about every year and they don't have trouble finding opponents. As you see Alco is already playing Dunbar (Balt) this season, a home and home series Hansel put together almost immediately upon taking the job.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
It seems like a lot of you are confusing Episcopal Academy (PA) with Episcopal High School (VA). Allegany was supposed to play Episcopal High School (VA). Episcopal Academy plays in the Inter-AC, which is the best Philly-area prep schools. Episcopal High School plays in the IAC, based in the DC metro area.

Episcopal (VA) has been bringing in lots of transfers including several Canadians over the past few years and they are also a boarding school, which are both red flags as far as the VHSL is concerned so that's probably why they ended up not getting sanctioned.

eagles, you got a source on that? This Inter-Ac schedule (which hasn't been updated) lists Episcopal (PA) against Allegany:
http://www.tedsilary.com/FBIAmastersked18.htm

Episcopal (VA) has nine games listed on their website, which is a normal season for them. They start later than most and their first scrimmage isn't until August 31st. They have 5-10 future FBS players including kids committed to Stanford and Notre Dame and haven't played a public school team in many years. Seems like an unlikely matchup on both ends.

Last edited:
eagles, you got a source on that? This Inter-Ac schedule (which hasn't been updated) lists Episcopal (PA) against Allegany:
http://www.tedsilary.com/FBIAmastersked18.htm

Episcopal (VA) has nine games listed on their website, which is a normal season for them. They start later than most and their first scrimmage isn't until August 31st. They have 5-10 future FBS players including kids committed to Stanford and Notre Dame and haven't played a public school team in many years. Seems like an unlikely matchup on both ends.

You're right. Looks like I was the one who mixed up the Episcopal's there. I guess it was Episcopal (PA). My bad on that one.

Allegany will probably stay with nine games. Valley is a VA 4A, much like Sherando.
Central high school in Woodstock ,VA. 1/2 hour south of Winchester VA on I-81 needs a game , just lost a game today due to Park View , Virginia canceling season. Central - Woodstock is a Virginia 2A team. Would be a nice matchup. Justin Broughman is AD at Central.

Woodstock Central now has 9/7 open after Manassas Park canceled their season.

ADVERTISEMENT