ADVERTISEMENT

I smell an Upset

Meth007

Junior Varsity Reader
Oct 30, 2002
Hello Gang...

Just finished watching Douglass, Havre De Grace film and I smell an upset!

I will start with the FH vs HDG game...
#staytuned

Blue...we are early..lol

HDG Spread vs 6-2 and 3-4 ....we will start there

I do believe Catoctin tried something similar to no avail whatsoever, Meth.

You cant change your style up in the 9th inning with 5 plays. I mean...how many slants you gonna run...lol Catoctin couldnt run the ball and FH simple got tired of the slants and defended it. When that was over... They simply applied pressure with 5-6 ppl every play. Catoctin couldnt run the ball, they couldnt defend the blitz vs the pass amd they couldnt make a connection on wide open comnections.....all because they were a true running team without athletes attempting to become a passing team.

Havre De Grace and Dunbar a good passing teams, thus FH will have problems.

Reactions: OneRing
You cant change your style up in the 9th inning with 5 plays. I mean...how many slants you gonna run...lol Catoctin couldnt run the ball and FH simple got tired of the slants and defended it. When that was over... They simply applied pressure with 5-6 ppl every play. Catoctin couldnt run the ball, they couldnt defend the blitz vs the pass amd they couldnt make a connection on wide open comnections.....all because they were a true running team without athletes attempting to become a passing team.

Buddy i was at that game and can tell you the pressure came from 4 down linemen and the coverage was solid better take another look

Reactions: Waggle Pass
FH will put a running clock on HDG. But the Sentinels won't score more than 14 on Dunbar. The Poets as usual have far more speed and athleticsm. Or as Coach Smith said, "We know they can't throw the ball."

To beat fh you have 3sec to get the ball in the QBs hands and released b4 he eats dirt.. one on one outside.. now if they pull an MCC that might work... HDG is nt MCC, Dunbar might be able to make it more than 3sec.. so cover, don't lose ur man,limit the big plays .. games over..

Reactions: RedPride97

What does HDG have? Catoctin was a passing team and didnt trouble fort Hill. Do they have a great QB? Great receivers? Quick backs? Do you think they can stop FH? You’ve watched the film, give us some insight

I have no faith in 1A East teams. Running clock.

This............and I'm not convinced that HdG plays a whole lot of defense. The only way they are in the game is if they can pull out a 49-42 win. They better have a magnificent QB and superior wide outs, let alone a stellar O-line. And, did I mention they better play better defense than they have against Colonel Richardson & Perryville. 7-4 Perryville put up 28 on them in 3 quarters. Football is different in western MD.

They didn't seem to have any problems when they beat them in the finals twice...they were a passing team then too.

The roadmap to beating FH has already been made... by Dunbar: pass the ball quickly to your speedy playmakers and stop the FH running game.

If memory serves, Dunbar completed two passes for long touchdowns where the actual pass didn't go but 10 yards. If FH brings everybody, even better.

Who, other than Dunbar, has the necessary components to beat FH?

Exactly, if Dunbar catches a slant it can be a TD.

Well, just get the ball out to some speedy guy in space, away from the line. If FH tries to roll up on 'em.... he's around them and gone. Problem is that it takes a quarterback and playmakers that FH has yet to see.

Okay guys.. So no hate...just coming from a football perspective.

First I will say that I believe tomorrow is gonna be barn burn possibly!

HDG
Decent passing game
Decent short passing game
Decent team speed

FH
Team power
Running game
D line
Online line

Heres what I think tomorrows matchup comes down to..

First HDG has to watch costly pentalties..
Work to get on 3rd and short or better..
Find short passing game
Keep FH guessing to avoid their aggression
Make at least 2-3 stops and convert 2-3 of them...

More coming

Okay guys.. So no hate...just coming from a football perspective.

First I will say that I believe tomorrow is gonna be barn burn possibly!

HDG
Decent passing game
Decent short passing game
Decent team speed

FH
Team power
Running game
D line
Online line

Heres what I think tomorrows matchup comes down to..

First HDG has to watch costly pentalties..
Work to get on 3rd and short or better..
Find short passing game
Keep FH guessing to avoid their aggression
Make at least 2-3 stops and convert 2-3 of them...

More coming
I don't see any real possibility for a barn burner. FH has done well defensively with the teams they have played that like to throw the ball. Also, with the FH offense coming on strong the way it has been I just dont see Havre De Grace keeping up, especially since they dont play great defense. FH 42-7(The TD coming on the backups of course)

The Key

HDG is more Big 12 in which they hope to simply out score you and hope to stop you at least 2 times and convert. While FH is more Wisconsin/Iowa and they wanna take your man hood with long drives and test and take your will as the game matures.

FH wants long methodical drives and they want to put you in 3rd and long situations to pen their ears back to put pressure on the passer. As a matter of fact, their plan is to pressure alot tomorrow the passer to make erratic throws in hopes for a turn over. If Im Todd Id burn a series..just penning my ears back seeing how they adjust to it.

Heres where I see the upset.

Based on the film Ive seen, FH hasnt been tested in the air with an athletic team HDG is no Dunbar...not even close, but they have 2 WRs that could make things interesting. FH has been able to bully the opposing teams online and use their power to effect the passing games they faced. With that being said again, they didnt play a team that had a strong air attack like HDG to bring them out of their game plan and I think HDG knows they wont do well with their run and they simply will intermediate routes. Tomorrow HDG will only run to keep FH honest. If HDG gets in rhythm...and can make a few stops..The game could be lop sided in Greenway! My gut tells me FH this year is more of a big fish playing against guppies this year than the scores would show, and havent really been tested athletes..speed. Do I think HDG is a joggernout...hell no, but I think they have enough talent and speed to make things interesting.

FH is gonna run a 4-2-5 or 3-4 mostly tomorrow only if they see 5 wides or only if HDG cant do anything vs the man to man we bringing 6 stop to take your corn bread approach. If FH gets taken out of their base..advantage HDG. If they can get 3 yards a clip..advantage HDG. If HDG can get match ups with hitches to speedy receivers at 6-8 yards when FH plays 10 yds off ..advantage HDG. Limit 1 turnover or none.. Advantage HDG. Go up by 2 TDs and FH will be out of their game plan.

On D..I dont think HDG is gonna bust a grape and I think FH is gonna get +300 yards rushing tomorrow. If HDG can show up 2 series on D... Advantage..HDG. Their hope and prayer is to get FH 3 and long and dont let them convert the wing or TE on the seam or waggle off playaction...advantage HDG

On the flip Western MD faithful..
I dont know how tough HDG is in the trenches... turnovers is what will make this a lop sided victory ..advatage FH. FH has to stop HDG twice and become the python they want to become with long suffocating drives for TDs.

You have some good points meth but unfortunately I don't think it will happen. I am not a FH fan just a neutral observer. I think FH being at Greenway and their improvement on both sides of the ball in the last month makes them a better team in this one.

From your research (which is well done, good job in that department) HDG has some of the keys to competitng with FH but I just don't think they will be accustomed to the physicality the FH brings. I see a 35-14 type game with FH coming out on top.

I don't see this being much of a game. Oakdale beat Elkton last night 38 - 0 and Elkton beat HDG 50 - 30. I'd say running clock after halftime. It was 31 - 0 at halftime of Oakdale's game last night.

Cold hands, and a wet ball can make for a very unpredictable day. Advantage goes to the rushing team, as long as they hold onto the ball

Meth, looks like if they get the 6 points it will be at the end of the game on a big play against back-ups

22-0 at the half. The weather is having some impact on the game play, but probably moreso for HdG’s passing.

In all honesty HdG had some big pass plays early on but we'r negated by penalties, and if Smith is hurt that makes it even more difficult next week to cover the pass

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT