ADVERTISEMENT

Honest Analysis of Allegany

PolkHighPride

All State Poster
Aug 21, 2012
Though it's coming from a Fort Hill guy, here is an honest analysis of Allegany,

Assuming they lose to Fort Hill, which is my assumption simply because I see through rose colored glasses, Allegany will likely finish 6-3.

Their 3 losses will be to:

Chestnut Ridge, who will likely finish 9-1 with their only loss being to 10-0 and defending Maryland 1A State Champion Fort Hill.

Keyser, who will likely finish 8-2 with their 2 losses being to 10-0 and defending Maryland 1A State Champion Fort Hill and likely 9-1 and defending West Virginia 2A State Champion Bridgeport.

Fort Hill, who will be 10-0 and the defending Maryland 1A State Champion.

The bottom line is, Homecoming very well COULD be interesting but at the very least you will have an Allegany team entering the playoffs with losses only to these very, very good teams. The Campers cannot simply be overlooked, it's too early to call for the canning of the Korn.

I 100% agree and nobody will overlook Allegany. If Korn farts, FH will know what play is being called next.

In 2005, my son's team (in VA) went 6-4 in the regular season, and went on to win the Championship, beating a 13-0 Percy Harvin's (now with the Jets) team. I agree with you, anything can happen to any team when least expecting.

The first game that this young, talented Alco team played well for the entire game was against SO. Had they been prepared to start the season, they could easily be undefeated. It has been many years since Korn has coached an Allegany team successfully through a full schedule. Korn's teams historically quit or find a way to blow up on the field and lose.

Will this Allegany team find internal strength to get by a good Northern team and still not go flat for Towson? Who knows. I personally don't want to project. I can't believe at this time that Alco can beat a FH team that is not only very good, but is also peaking at the right time.

Come on Lag. This Northern team lost to Smithsburg and had to come from behind to beat MR. You really want to serve us this Kool Aide?

Originally posted by bleedred:
Come on Lag. This Northern team lost to Smithsburg and had to come from behind to beat MR. You really want to serve us this Kool Aide?
There are some teams that were sluggish for a half or so and then got it together... do you know of any? And, there are other teams that botch an entire game... We can safely mention that Allegany is one of those.

I guess you can pick your superlative as to what is good, better or best. Or you may call them cupcake, competitive or competent.

If you think any of this is Kool Aide worthy, then perhaps you think that having the best team in the area automatically entitles you to be the best de facto authority in the area. Though somehow I don't think the play of the team elevates its fan base.

You can spin all you want, but to imply that Alco would beat KI, and then say that they will have trouble with Northern is just absurd. Now, Phil Carr is probably one of the most likable coaches in the area, hands down, and personally, I like to see him do well. However, when you look at the matchup between them and Alco, Alco is clearly the better team by far. Because of the lack of numbers at Northern, there is no way that they can put a practice squad on the field that comes close to what Alco does on either side of the ball. The only thing that would hurt Alco would be mental mistakes, or poor coaching. Otherwise, Alco is a good four touchdowns better that Northern.

I've been around for decades, and I've seen great teams and I've seen bad ones. While I've always supported FH, even during the Chaney area, I've always called the quality of the teams on the field the way I've seen it. While I'm not right 100% of the time, I'm right more than I'm wrong.

BTW; You're right, the play of the team doesn't elevate its fan base, but it does increase it!

Originally posted by bleedred:
You can spin all you want, but to imply that Alco would beat KI, and then say that they will have trouble with Northern is just absurd. Now, Phil Carr is probably one of the most likable coaches in the area, hands down, and personally, I like to see him do well. However, when you look at the matchup between them and Alco, Alco is clearly the better team by far. Because of the lack of numbers at Northern, there is no way that they can put a practice squad on the field that comes close to what Alco does on either side of the ball. The only thing that would hurt Alco would be mental mistakes, or poor coaching. Otherwise, Alco is a good four touchdowns better that Northern.

I've been around for decades, and I've seen great teams and I've seen bad ones. While I've always supported FH, even during the Chaney area, I've always called the quality of the teams on the field the way I've seen it. While I'm not right 100% of the time, I'm right more than I'm wrong.

BTW; You're right, the play of the team doesn't elevate its fan base, but it does increase it!
"You can spin all you want, but to imply that Alco would beat KI, and then say that they will have trouble with Northern is just absurd" - At least you've gone from Kool Aide to spin, so that's progress. Perhaps you don't see Alco as being as inconsistent as I do. I see them perfectly capable of rising to their talent level and getting by KI, but also able to go completely flat and lose to a good 1A team: and yes, for a small 1A team that is having a good year like Northern, sure I would call them good.

If you want to split hairs, FH is exceptional for a rural 1A team - especially since they cannot pool talent from a large city. As for Allegany, they can be very poor to very good. If they show up like they did for CR, they can lose to Northern. Perhaps nothing here is spin or kool aide - perhaps it's just semantics and opinion.

This post was edited on 10/21 11:52 AM by Lagmeister

Should be a crowd at fort hill stadium friday night.

Lots of red...we want to see the team we will play in the playoffs.

Should be a crowd at fort hill stadium friday night.

Lots of red...we want to see the team we will play in the playoffs.

Rather face alco than northern....northern has alot of win points....alco getting boring...Zzzzz-z

Originally posted by cumbfanatic:
You will be there Friday night hoping you dont face Alco in the playoffs.
LOL that'd be like Florida St hoping they don't play Wake Forest in the ACC title game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT