ADVERTISEMENT

High School games possibly moving to Thursday due to Florence

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
I have talked with several coaches and admins across the eastern part of the state including Baltimore. With Hurricane Florence bearing down on the mid-atlantic coast many teams are contemplating moving their Friday/Saturday games to Thursday. Hurricane Florence is predicted to hit the coast line around Friday and/or Saturday. It's good everyone is being proactive to protect the students.Nothing announced officially yet at this time, just giving everyone the heads up.

Florence looks pretty nasty on all the weather report projections.

Per wcbc Allegany county has issued a state of emergency. It's looking more like Florence is gonna hit Thursday evening into Friday and be a slow mover

Per wcbc Allegany county has issued a state of emergency. It's looking more like Florence is gonna hit Thursday evening into Friday and be a slow mover

According to all weather reports, Hurricane Florence is projected to hit the coast Friday and Saturday am. I believe Allegany County is already in a state of flood emergency, which doesn't bode well for a Hurricane rain storm coming. Massive flooding is on the way on top of what we already have. Yikes.

I think they have called for thunderstorms the last 89 days out of 95. What a summer this has been. Based on the fact this area and all through PA is already swamped, my main concern is the massive flood that is coming.

Just heard Southern/Catoctin is now a Thurs night game.. I would imagine same time as the others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT