ADVERTISEMENT

Hardball

towpath94

All State Poster
Nov 13, 2012
any chance the FH-Southern game gets played tomorrow? LOL

rematch of playoff game the last few years. Southern has won those games. This FH team is as talented as they've had in MANY MANY years. I will leave it at that lol.

I'm guessing we wont see a game until mid week next week at the earliest. It should be a competitive season.

Baseball is wide open this year. Both Alco and Fort Hill return the majority, if not all, their pitching staffs. Frankfort is a very well balanced team and may be the best in the area. Northern returns a young squad with varsity experience and very good pitching staff, Mt Ridge and Southern should be strong also. Not to familiar iwth Keyser or Hampshire this year. Should be fun to watch, if the winter ever goes away.

Reactions: towpath94
tons of great baseball talent in the area this year

I'm not familiar with Keyser either so I am going to take it that they probably aren't an area contender. I did see that Hampshire lost to Hedgesville on Monday but Hedgesville usually has a pretty good program.

tons of great baseball talent in the area this year

I'm not familiar with Keyser either so I am going to take it that they probably aren't an area contender. I did see that Hampshire lost to Hedgesville on Monday but Hedgesville usually has a pretty good program.

Seems that most of the athletes at Keyser usually go track. Baseball has been a down sport for them for a long time.

From what it sounds like... the area will have a very competitive baseball season. That would be good to see indeed.

Fh beat Mt. Ridge 9 to 1. Strong pitching from Poling (gave up 3 hits in 6 innings) Nice fielding from infield and out field. Scoring 9 runs on a very good pitcher. Way to go be red. Think they left Poling in a little to long for being first start and being that cold

Nice win for FH. Does anyone know where Poling is going next year? Baseball or football? He is a very good football / baseball player and seems like a nice young man, feel he will successful in whatever he chooses to do in life. Heard Dinicola from Mt Ridge is going to Potomac State next year. He throws really well but appears he may have struggled a little yesterday. He's a competitor so he will bounce back strong, I'm sure.

Poling I’m told is pursuing baseball. Football takes too much of a toll on his body. I heard DiNicola is going to Potomac State as well. Some very good baseball players this year on teams that I’m told are going to next level Bratton from Alco is going (Maryland Eastern Shore) D1, Wasson from Frankfort (Kent State) D1, Conner Kelley catcher Fort Hill I heard a private school in PA D2, also heard Brice Jones catcher from Northern is going to (West Virginia Wesleyan) D2. Might be more, but those are only players I’ve heard about. Should be a competitive baseball season.

Last edited:
Heard same info except Kelly going D3 to Wilson in PA. Good solid catcher with a little pop in his bat.

Fh beat Mt. Ridge 9 to 1. Strong pitching from Poling (gave up 3 hits in 6 innings) Nice fielding from infield and out field. Scoring 9 runs on a very good pitcher. Way to go be red. Think they left Poling in a little to long for being first start and being that cold

agree with everything in this post

stacked team on the hill. The matchup against Frankfort will be a good one if it gets played tomorrow

Frankfort jumped on FH early en route to 10-2 win

interesting decision of pitchers for FH not going with one of their best pitchers while the Falcons threw their ace. Cant say I am surprised.

I will be surprised if FH baseball wins more than 5 games this year. Just another year of standard FH baseball.

I will be surprised if FH baseball wins more than 5 games this year. Just another year of standard FH baseball.

yep but the coaching staph with their 30 minute practices never take the blame. They aren't prepared to get an out in an easy rundown, they can't run the bases, they can't bunt when they need to and the coaches don't even know when to bunt. It's a disgrace and has been going on for YEARS!!! You have average little league coaches coaching WAAAAYYYY over their heads.

good job by Alco today. They are so much better coached its not even funny.

yep but the coaching staph with their 30 minute practices never take the blame. They aren't prepared to get an out in an easy rundown, they can't run the bases, they can't bunt when they need to and the coaches don't even know when to bunt. It's a disgrace and has been going on for YEARS!!! You have average little league coaches coaching WAAAAYYYY over their heads.

I'l give you that. At the same time all this yap about FH being stacked this year was just wishful thinking.

I'l give you that. At the same time all this yap about FH being stacked this year was just wishful thinking.

trust me its the most talented group at FH in MANY years. The coaching staph knows it. If Alco's staff had this group they'd be in the state title hunt.

trust me its the most talented group at FH in MANY years. The coaching staph knows it. If Alco's staff had this group they'd be in the state title hunt.

Saying it's the most talented team in years doesn't mean this team can be in the title hunt. I don' see that at all.

Alco may very well rebound and I am sure they will. The point is you don't talk the way many Alco faithful and staff have and just say it was a let down. A team of that ilk doesn't get a letdown. Just look across town the last few years for example. They want to take and do what FH has done well they just fell down the steps onto their collective faces.
Sounds like the same talk about FH baseball

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT