ADVERTISEMENT

Games tonight 9/24

Yeah, FH was on their heels. But, I give kudos to those young kids who jumped in there and made a game of it. They should be proud.

Reactions: BIGREDFAN08
Congrats to all local teams on your wins tonight.

The 4A school FH beat a few weeks ago, Old Mill, beat another 4A school, Annapolis, tonight 48-7.

Old Mill, 4A state champions in 2009 and 2011, and winner of three 4A state playoff games in 2019 prior to losing to Wise in the semifinals, is now 3-1.

Last edited:
I wasn't at the game or even able to listen on the radio, but I have to believe this was a huge win for FH. Winning at Hollidaysburg is an achievement any time, but under the circumstances it's remarkable. Congrats to them all, especially those who were asked to step up and fill the gaps.

It was definetely an exciting night of football for area teams. It is just too bad that more of them weren't at home. Very impressed with the Allegany and Fort Hill wins.

Alco bounced back from last week and their next two games are very winnable. Assuming that the Southern game in two weeks gets played. Which is a big assumption at this point. Two wins would put them at 5-1 heading into the last three games of the season. Keyser, Northern and Fort Hill to end the season is no picnic. There is no quit in the Campers though. It will be interesting to see how that three game stretch goes.

Fort Hill dealt with so much this week and they still go on the road and pull out a huge win. I am going to be completely honest and say I have no idea how good Hollidaysburg is, but nothing should be taken away from the Sentinels victory this week, what they did last night shows what kind of program they have at FH. I am very excited to see the FH/MR game in two weeks.

Mountain Ridge had another impressive win over lesser competition. The schedule gets tougher starting this week. They still have games against Frankfort, Fort Hill, Northern and Keyser left to go. These games will show how good Mountain Ridge will be.

The Frankfort/Northern game was an interesting result. I have to say I didn't see the Huskies pulling off that upset. Good for Coach Carr and those players. They have a tough schedule left as well. Games against Keyser, Mountain Ridge, Allegany and Moorefield.

Keyser had a tough time with Hampshire early, but put them away late, and will likely take over the top spot in the WV AA playoff ratings this week. They still have games against Allegany, Mountain Ridge and Frankfort left on the schedule. They will have a battle with Northern Garrett this week.

At this point, I am just hoping that no more games get cancelled due to Covid, and these young men are able to enjoy their football season. Allegany County football is looking strong again. 11-1 combined record between the three county schools. :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT