ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill vs Hollidaysburg

20Trap

Junior Varsity Reader
Aug 31, 2018
Another team coming to Greenway with a size advantage over FH. I'll take Fort Hill in this one

State College pounded them last week, but they usually do. FH has had their number the last two seasons. This year may be closer, but same difference...

FH 35
HHS 20

Much like we enjoyed Clearfield, Central, Chestnut Ridge and those other PA teams. It is nice to see them on the schedule. Kudos to Hollidaysburg for signing on for two more years after last season.

Hollidaysburg is 2-2. Have lost two in a row after opening with two wins. Losing last week to Cedar Cliff, 41-31 and previously to State College. They seem to have the same problem as Allegany, can score points, but can't seem to stop anyone. FH 42-21.

Scoreless game so far, less than 5 min in the first. Sentinels convert a 4th and short in Holidaysburg territory to extend the drive.

Sentinel pick 6! 10-0 Fort Hill.

Defense doing the job, with the O trying to move the bigger Hollidaysburg players with varied success. Field position being key thus far.

Sentinels hosed on a illegal block call on punt return. Would have been another TD. Not this time.

Sentinels get another turnover in enemy territory. 4 left in the half.

FH 4th an 3 on Hollidaysburg 32. Time out. 1:57 left in the half.

10-0 Sentinels

for a senior our qb makes some really poor choices....he seems to not see defenders at times and runs directly into them...something isn't right. he gets rattled way too early in a play.

Yeah. Fourth and 3 inside the 35x I would just try to muscle for the yardage. Good thing Hollidaysburg kept holding after the fact.

Yeah. Fourth and 3 inside the 35x I would just try to muscle for the yardage. Good thing Hollidaysburg kept holding after the fact.
just not getting the ball into the hands of the right people..as usual offense is limited to about three plays...maybe the patriots could come and show appel/polumbo how to run an offense with more than three plays.
one of those games where fh lets a team stay close and then has to endure a furious rally at the end to just hold on.
plenty of stupid going on...illegal procedures are just undisciplined errors...can't keep happening or you need to replace some people until they can focus.

Last edited:
Reactions: PWA Docket 7323
Illegal procedures, chop blocks, turnovers, defense is very good, offense makes them vulnerable to a good team

At any given time you have no idea what the score is, who has the ball, down and distance, who carries the ball, etc, it truly is hard to listen to

Reactions: camper21502
Illegal procedures, chop blocks, turnovers, defense is very good, offense makes them vulnerable to a good team
11 penalties over a 100 yards...this is a team that if you judge on discipline and focus they are a hot mess. 12 yards passing....this is not promising.

Not impressed at all. If there’s not a potential threat at QB, it’ll be a box full up front, daring him to pass.

ESPN Radio coverage was not very good either! Oh the days of Pat and Paul on WTBO!

ESPN Radio coverage was not very good either! Oh the days of Pat and Paul on WTBO!
It's very hard to get decent coverage of high school games. I'm trying to think of the best out there. Most of the time you have guys competing with each other to see who can talk the most. But I do agree, the TBO coverage of FH has to be Top 3 bad for me.

The officials were garbage. They called back every Offensive and Special Teams TD. Called back big 4th down conversions. Called PI on a great coverage on the Hollidaysburg sideline, that gave them a 1st. Score should’ve been 35-0. The same official made 5 of those calls. I heard he’s a Southern Garrett fella named Chapman.

Reactions: What-
QB issues for FH not good at all ,I hate to say it but you can see he’s scared to pull the trigger. The defense is very fast and gonna keep FH winning games , but I agree with above post that when the FH run gets shut down that will be a “L” . I honestly think this would be a good year for FH if they considered the wildcat similar to what they did with Dylan Clay . If they have no pass threat why not have another run threat?

True wing left, looks like it’s carried over from the state title game in Annapolis. Dunbar stuck 9 in the box and dared FH. Dunbar coach then pointed out in the Baltimore Sun that we couldn’t throw.

Last edited:
They called 3 chopblocks. Two on a 5’3” Guard. Every time he blocks a 6’3” NT, it’s going to be a chopblock.

I am upset about some of the calls but two of the three chip blocks were legit penalties. The defender was engaged and FH player went low. The first one called two fort Hill players hit each other and one fell low and they were called for illegal chop (that’s crazy).

Watching the Atlantic BB replay the chop block on the trap TD was a bullshit call. The so called clip on the long TD run by Beal was a phantom call. The pass interference call that gave Hollidaysburg their only TD was blatant cheating.

Watching the Atlantic BB replay the chop block on the trap TD was a bullshit call. The so called clip on the long TD run by Beal was a phantom call. The pass interference call that gave Hollidaysburg their only TD was blatant cheating.

I agree with some of the above. Some of the blind side calls were bogus, some may have been legit under the new terrible rule but I could not see them even on replay. The first one the player was facing the blocker. How can that be called? Another of the blindside calls the FH player pulled up and shield blocked, barely to touching the punt coverer.

The pass interference was one of the worst calls I have seen in a while in an open field with the ref looking right at the play.

Two of the three illegal chop blocks were legit penalties, the one on the TD run was not a trap play; the FH guard shot and hit an engaged player in the back of the legs. I don’t believe it was on purpose and I think he did not expect help from the center but that it was a penalty. He had his head down and was going for the cut block off the snap and it ended up being a chop block because the player was engaged head up with the center.

What is even more blatant is that the side judge that called that PI (people were calling him out by name) was trying to call an offsides on the FH defense in the 4th Qtr and Fansler, the head ref has to ignore him and make the correct call.

Last edited:
QB issues for FH not good at all ,I hate to say it but you can see he’s scared to pull the trigger. The defense is very fast and gonna keep FH winning games , but I agree with above post that when the FH run gets shut down that will be a “L” . I honestly think this would be a good year for FH if they considered the wildcat similar to what they did with Dylan Clay . If they have no pass threat why not have another run threat?
When there are ten coaches on the sideline you would think just maybe one of them would consider this, right?
I have to say if this was a consideration I'd move #8 to qb and put the ball in his hands on every play..as well as #44 getting some touches.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4R341
This is a 3-0 Team. I bet you could go back a month or 2 ago and see posts like, They’ll be lucky to go 2-2 in the first 4. Or I wonder if we can make the playoffs if we start 1-3. Now FH is 3-0 against, at least, 2 pretty good (and Big) Teams. And some people think all the coaches are ignorant about football. I think they’re progressing just fine through 3 games with a pretty young team. They’ll peak right around Mt Ridge. And I think the QB is anxious, because he’s getting pressure up the middle, which causes him to slide into the DEs pass rush, which then makes it hard for him to see downfield. He’ll get better as the OL gets to block DL their size. Go Big Red!! Did I mention, 3-0?!

I think the running game will get more effective. The line is getting better weekly, it's the second level blocks that need more work. That'll come around. But the passing game needs work, as always really.

With all this speed, ai am surprised we haven't seen a few different wrinkles. Some wildcat or direct snaps.

True wing left, looks like it’s carried over from the state title game in Annapolis. Dunbar stuck 9 in the box and dared FH. Dunbar coach then pointed out in the Baltimore Sun that we couldn’t throw.
Well, I don’t think we can call the Dunbar coach a liar after he made that statement. It’s a long season and sitting 3-0. Looking at the schedule we have some games to work it out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT