ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill v MR thread

FHHSAHS

Hall of Fame Poster
Nov 27, 2001
Well, FH still can't defend the pass. Let's see if the offense can figure themselves out.

Thank God they have stubbs. 80 yds to the house on his first carry. 7-6 FH

Well, FH still can't defend the pass. Let's see if the offense can figure themselves out.
It's too bad we didn't have a safety in on that play, it would've helped. It appears as though we have some people on D that are not in the right position. You aren't going to see a lot of fullbacks playing db.

Last edited:
Thank God they have stubbs. 80 yds to the house on his first carry. 7-6 FH
He does not like contact, on O and D. Same as last year. If he runs the wildcat that will be a mistake, you have to be able to take hits, unless he can pass, then it might work.

Last edited:
Reactions: cumbfanatic
14-6 at the half? Expected a wider margin, but let's see what the second half brings.

Defense is looking very good!
I think the defense looks pretty soft. But it's early. Shortened practice season. Etc. It's just fun to watch some football at this point. There is really no reason to avoid trying new things and new plays, D formations, etc...no playoffs at stake etc.

14-6 still at half. First half took exactly and hour to play.

Take aways so far...Stubb's and Willis will be the offensive go-to guys. FB position may need some work. Defense is tough up front,but DBs will need to keep improving.

For MR, QB throws a nice ball and their defense did a pretty good job controlling the line at times.

That's an overstatement
How so? They gave up 1 big play on the touchdown and the other big pass play should’ve been called for offensive pass interference. The defense is getting pressure whenever they want and the run defense has been solid.

Brev 40some yard rushing TD from QB position. 27-6 PAT pending.

Being picky, but you shouldn't have to call a timeout to kick an extra point. A little less celebrating before the kick and it wouldn't be a problem.

Being picky, but you shouldn't have to call a timeout to kick an extra point. A little less celebrating before the kick and it wouldn't be a problem.
I think we have to let it slide for this first game. These kids are so excited to finally be on the field it's a little different than usual lol

I am looking forward to watching the full game later tonight. I saw bits and pieces of the first half.

From what I saw, typical Mountain Ridge, giving up big plays, unforced errors and questionable decisions by coaching staff. I will reserve my total thoughts until I watch the whole game.

I watched from the second Fort Hill TD to make it 14-6 until the end of the half.

FH defense stepped up. Ridge score on first possession with a bomb and never scored again. Ridge just had no answer for Stubbs and Willis speedwise. Both are junior and sophomore D1 scholarship players easily by the way. FH oline needs major work.

Reactions: BIGREDFAN08
FB position may need some work.

The FB is starting out at a disadvantage by literally almost setting his butt on the ground in his stance. He has no explosiveness when the ball is snapped firing from his position to block or take the ball and hit the hole. I don’t recall a FH FB in that type of stance before. He literally has to stand straight up before he can fire off.

Reactions: 5punisher3
Wasnt the definition of an encouraging outing in my eyes. Had trouble moving the ball aside from the 4 big plays. Defense was soft at points, but tightened it up in the more important moments. O-Line needs some very serious work

Reactions: Tony54
He does not like contact, on O and D. Same as last year. If he runs the wildcat that will be a mistake, you have to be able to take hits, unless he can pass, then it might work.

To be fair, people said Ty didn't like contact either when he was a junior. He can grow into the position.

FH defense stepped up. Ridge score on first possession with a bomb and never scored again. Ridge just had no answer for Stubbs and Willis speedwise. Both are junior and sophomore D1 scholarship players easily by the way. FH oline needs major work.

Can the player have at least two varsity games before you guys put the D1 expectation on him? LOL

Can the player have at least two varsity games before you guys put the D1 expectation on him? LOL
That young player did it all by himself with all the off season work at elite camps. ESPN Top 300 is an expectation all of its own accord. Fort Hill has two D1 players easily, both underclassmen.

That young player did it all by himself with all the off season work at elite camps. ESPN Top 300 is an expectation all of its own accord. Fort Hill has two D1 players easily, both underclassmen.

Do you have a link to the ESPN Top 300?

Just go to his Twitter page.

I went to his twitter page and didn’t see anything about ESPN 300. Some of those ranking services will only rank you if you attend their camp. And some high schools are affiliated with certain camps. So it should make you wonder if you see a ranking and it doesn’t have any players from DeMatha or Good Counsel (for example).

Top 300 for his class, not sure if that was mentioned. A lot can change in 2 years

My point isn’t to say he’s not a good player, I’m just saying we should give him time to develop before putting pressure on a 15/16 year old to become a D1 player, or he’s viewed as a disappointment. He’s basically had one varsity game against MR and non contact summer drills.

Last year people on this board said there were something like 7 players that could play college ball. A number that seemed way too high. And then when those kids didn’t meet expectations y’all said it was the kids fault because they didn’t work hard enough

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT