ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill/Sherando

Oct 9, 2014
I'm hearing Fort Hill, MD and Sherando, VA have signed on for a 2-year contract starting next year. That's a couple heavy hitters and should be great games.

Yes the Fort Hill vs. Sherando deal is done. This will be a two year series on Week 8 with the first game being at Sherando and the following year at Fort Hill.

Also had a nice lengthy conversation tonight after the game with the Kent Island head coach. They are interested in getting a two year deal done now. He told me the hold up this year as to why they could only commit to a one year deal (where FH paid for their expenses) was because their conference works on a two-year cycle (much like Pennsylvania schools). This year was the end of the two year cycle. They could only commit to a date this year but had no guarantee they could commit to the same date next year until the league set their conference schedules. In short, in December they will find out what their open date(s) are for the next two years and if they match up with what FH has open we will set it up. FH would travel there next year and they would return the visit the following season.

This post was edited on 10/18 12:45 AM by TDHelmick

Tonight's game was a one year deal. FH paid for their expenses to travel here.

If there is two-year deal put into place starting next season then it is a home-and-home deal with no money exchanged. But yes, if FH was to travel there next year on a one-year deal then they would ask for the travel expense returned.

Todd, did the KI coach share any thoughts on the environment his team played in tonight? Caliber of FH's program or their overall experience with and playing FH? They got pistol whipped pretty badly, something they Are not used to. It could have left a sour taste in their mouths, but I don't get that impression. Always nice to get the perspective from a never before played opponent and from an area we usually don't encounter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT