ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill/Old Mill score

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
End of 1st qtr 0-0 started as a defense battle FH moved the ball at the end of the qtr

FH is going to have to get creative to move the ball as Old Mill is matching up speed wise and clogging up the running lanes.

Old Mill sounds a little sloppy, can't move the ball and lots of procedure penalties early on

Yes, so far mostly basic runs first and second down then sometimes throw on third. Sounds like Old Mill defensive line is getting penetration

Old Mill leads 7-0 late 2nd Q maybe minute half left.
can't figure out what's going on from WTBO, it's really bad. They have no clue or to tell what's going on in the game. The NFHS Video feed just keeps pausing and it's a very bad camera.
From what I can see FH is in serious trouble....

The WTBO announcer says the “qb under center” then the play is over and it’s FHs ball he should be able to refer to him by name and how did it take the entire play for him to say those 3 words 🤦🏻‍♂️

The WTBO announcer says the “qb under center” then the play is over and it’s FHs ball he should be able to refer to the FH qb by name and how did it take the entire play for him to say those 3 words

The WTBO announcer says the “qb under center” then the play is over and it’s FHs ball he should be able to refer to the FH qb by name and how did it take the entire play for him to say those 3 words
What I’m Tarnation is going on down there

• Haha
Reactions: cumbfanatic
quick question, asking for a friend...
did FH get 4 Timesouts???????? lol
get them on the bus and get outta there quick

Reactions: ravemwp
I don't think there will be a 1a team that will challenge FH, they should have developed some kind of passing game by now with the athletes they have it would be great to see them get the ball in space more but the defense is what no other 1a team will really be able to contend with. Still can improve on the pass coverage but heck of a win on the road against a good team.

Great win by Fort Hill. I wasn’t at the game nor have I seen the replay of it yet, but it sounded like it was a great game.

Fort Hill will still be very hard to beat this year.

I am very excited about the culture that is being built at Mountain Ridge. From the ground up. It is what has been done at Fort Hill forever.

Mountain Ridge has something good going for sure. I would think FH and Ridge are the two best 1A teams in the state obviously I haven’t seen the other teams, but they would have to be darn good to play with FH or Ridge

quick question, asking for a friend...
did FH get 4 Timesouts???????? lol
get them on the bus and get outta there quick
LOL, the short answer is no, but if you listened to the boobs calling the game on WTBO you would have thought that FH used 6 timeouts in the 4th quarter. Listening and deciphering through what these morons were spewing this is what really happened. After FH scored they called their 1st TO to set up their 2 pt play. The announcer said that FH called a TO during the play, they may have tried but by rule this is not allowed, 2 consecutive TOs. By rule the referee ignores the request and play on. (btw not a penalty either, by rule) so going to the onside kick FH still had 2 TOs. After the long play to get FH down to the 15 FH calls a TO to stop the clock. The announcer says FH just used their last TO. Well they still had 2. On the play there was a defensive penalty that automatically stops the clock. So FH wasn't charged a TO. So the announcers say that going to the last sequence of plays that FH has no TOs, when actually they 2. Very, very confusing trying to listen through these guys call. I'm a little surprised that you are the only one that brought this up. Radio call from WTBO is a really hard listen.

Quinn Cohen does his very best Mikey Allen impression. Quinn calls game over with a 3 pointer at the buzzer. Sorry I just had to. LOL Very nice total team effort.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dwj21 and Tony54
LOL, the short answer is no, but if you listened to the boobs calling the game on WTBO you would have thought that FH used 6 timeouts in the 4th quarter. Listening and deciphering through what these morons were spewing this is what really happened. After FH scored they called their 1st TO to set up their 2 pt play. The announcer said that FH called a TO during the play, they may have tried but by rule this is not allowed, 2 consecutive TOs. By rule the referee ignores the request and play on. (btw not a penalty either, by rule) so going to the onside kick FH still had 2 TOs. After the long play to get FH down to the 15 FH calls a TO to stop the clock. The announcer says FH just used their last TO. Well they still had 2. On the play there was a defensive penalty that automatically stops the clock. So FH wasn't charged a TO. So the announcers say that going to the last sequence of plays that FH has no TOs, when actually they 2. Very, very confusing trying to listen through these guys call. I'm a little surprised that you are the only one that brought this up. Radio call from WTBO is a really hard listen.

Mark Manges is fine as the color guy, but the guy who does play by play is horrendous. Makes Pat Corrado sound like Al Michaels.

it is really sad, I personally think both of them are clueless. I mean I understand Manges was a great player and knows the game but maybe he is just too old to be doing it or the play by play guy is just so bad and hard to work with. I wish another station would carry the games for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT