ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill football to play team from New York

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
FORT HILL FOOTBALL SCHEDULE UPDATE

The Sentinels have picked up a new varsity football opponent for the 2024 season on October 19. The opponent is East/World of Inquiry out of Rochester, NY. They will replace Riverdale Baptist on the schedule.

This will be a home game at Greenway Avenue Stadium on Saturday at 3:00.

East/World of Inquiry finished 12-1 last season. Their only loss was in the New York Class A state semi-finals.
The year before (2022) East/World of Inquiry finished 10-1. Their only loss was in the third round of the playoffs.

East/World of Inquiry is a combination of two schools. East High School and World of Inquiry School No. 58. Since World of Inquiry School does not offer football as a sport, they are permitted to play at East High School.

Rochester is a 5 hour 20 minute drive to Cumberland and is located on Lake Ontario in upstate New York between Buffalo and Syracuse. Rochester is the 10th largest city in New York with a population of 211,000. In comparison, Frederick MD has a population of 82,000.

Since 2017, Fort Hill football has played teams from Ohio (Wadsworth) and Florida (Melbourne Central Catholic) for the first time in school history. This will be the first time Fort Hill has played a football team from New York.

Updated schedules are provided at FortHillFootball.net

448359089_1856081591578627_4425842144190167477_n.jpg

One year deal?
Yes.
But I would not mind personally if FH went there in 2025 for a Saturday game only to take the team an hour west to Buffalo to watch the Bills on Sunday if the scheduling stars lined up. It would take tons of extra impossible fund raising though. That trip would be $20K so not likely.

All ready in the works. Trying to make sure we don't schedule any other 🐱 administrations. Who will back out

Riverdale represents everything that is wrong with high school football. glad they are gone. Go play another private school who turned a church into a tiny online football school for a no championship trophy.

#1. Riverdale is definitely open to other hi end football players (transfers )
#2 Riverdale represents EVERYTHING that is GREAT for a HS Student Athlete... It provides a incredible atmosphere were students can learn about Christ and his teachings... It provides a low teacher to student ratio in the classroom... Allowing for more focus on their academics... It provides hi level and learning program... Preparing 98% of its students for the next 4 years of their college education.... It also allows kids who wants to be part of a AMAZING athletic program but want to learn from home to do so... On top of that from a football view. It brings big time recruiters into the building... Helping young student athletes achieve their dreams of playing collegiate football and getting a education for FREE...!!! Don't be mad... (Also. Rbs has been playing football since the early 80's) RBS is exactly what every HS program should strive to be...

• Haha
Reactions: everyones-an-expert
#2 Riverdale represents EVERYTHING that is GREAT for a HS Student Athlete... It provides a incredible atmosphere were students can learn about Christ and his teachings... It provides a low teacher to student ratio in the classroom... Allowing for more focus on their academics... It provides hi level and learning program... Preparing 98% of its students for the next 4 years of their college education.... It also allows kids who wants to be part of a AMAZING athletic program but want to learn from home to do so... On top of that from a football view. It brings big time recruiters into the building... Helping young student athletes achieve their dreams of playing collegiate football and getting a education for FREE...!!! Don't be mad... (Also. Rbs has been playing football since the early 80's) RBS is exactly what every HS program should
Home schooling athletes. I think that is against MPSSAA regulations. Stay in your own lane. Schedule how you should, and just be happy that FH allows you the chance to schedule a worthy opponent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waggle Pass
MPSSAA did allow online kids to play 23/24.... Also who cares what MPSSAA regulates... I DONT.... I am in my lane. We needed a CUPCAKE so we wanted FH.... Needed a game to get our 3rd and 4th stringers in....

MPSSAA did allow online kids to play 23/24.... Also who cares what MPSSAA regulates... I DONT.... I am in my lane. We needed a CUPCAKE so we wanted FH.... Needed a game to get our 3rd and 4th stringers in....
Every single public school in Maryland cares what the MPSSAA regulates. You’re on a public school message board talking about how private schools do things. You may be in your lane but your the only one driving on that road

Reactions: Waggle Pass
#2 Riverdale represents EVERYTHING that is GREAT for a HS Student Athlete... It provides a incredible atmosphere were students can learn about Christ and his teachings... It provides a low teacher to student ratio in the classroom... Allowing for more focus on their academics... It provides hi level and learning program... Preparing 98% of its students for the next 4 years of their college education.... It also allows kids who wants to be part of a AMAZING athletic program but want to learn from home to do so... On top of that from a football view. It brings big time recruiters into the building... Helping young student athletes achieve their dreams of playing collegiate football and getting a education for FREE...!!! Don't be mad... (Also. Rbs has been playing football since the early 80's) RBS is exactly what every HS program should strive to be...
Riverdale has 150 students with 9 different sports o_Oo_O the word is a kid who played in the Big 33 game last month has announced he is coming back for a fifth year at riverdale. thats a great school philosophy. we give our students 5 years of high school. How many fifth year players does that make now? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well, as I pointed out earlier, this is your chance to get a non cupcake and challenge yourselves. Or is that asking too much?

Reactions: Lagmeister
Can anyone confirm whether home schooled kids are eligible for MPSSAA athletics. From what I read they are not eligible. I really wouldn't want this turd to finally be right about something.

"It also allows kids who wants to be part of a AMAZING athletic program but want to learn from home to do so" - Pkc1031
So.... the only time you actually have to show up is to play football. Tells you everything you need to know.

Well, as I pointed out earlier, this is your chance to get a non cupcake and challenge yourselves. Or is that asking too much?
That is a relevant question. I am belaboring the point because it hits to the heart of the matter. FH serves its young men well. They are fully a part of the school community.... football only being a part of that. As such, they are fully challenged academically, athletically and socially.

Having taught at a private, religious based school (before going corporate), I am aware of a higher level of sports therein. Yet then, all students attended religious services weekly and took classes in same.... at the school. That is the experience that makes such schools a cut above. Absent the full experience, athletics becomes a needs only abuse by the school.

I am open to being wrong... but I am having a wha-da-hell-goin-on moment.

Last edited:
just another jealous Fort Hill hater. We got news for you. Fort Hill is going to keep winning and you’re going to keep crying.

Crying... What am I crying about. 😂 FH (administration) ran .. Scheduled a jv squad. Good for them .. o and now im jealous of all your 6v6 man football trophies. 😂 RBS as long as OG continues to coach will continue to put student athletes in schools for free at the D1 level.... I could care less about your 1A trophies and D3 level prospects. Meaningless... There are LEVELS to this ....

Crying... What am I crying about. 😂 FH (administration) ran .. Scheduled a jv squad. Good for them .. o and now im jealous of all your 6v6 man football trophies. 😂 RBS as long as OG continues to coach will continue to put student athletes in schools for free at the D1 level.... I could care less about your 1A trophies and D3 level prospects. Meaningless... There are LEVELS to this ....
"There are LEVELS to this"..... Sounds like there are.... More butts on the bench than seats in the school maybe?

Reactions: ravemwp
Didn't I ask you to just go away. First FH didn't run. They had to be sure they had a game that weekend. Still not sure if RB is even eligible. Don't be so absolute sure that FH just didn't do you a favor. Now I will ask again. Don't go away mad, just go away.

fh RAN...!!! they didn't want that 35- 0 end of 3rd qrt TREATMENT... With our 3rd or 4th stringers in .... Stick to 6 man football

fh RAN...!!! they didn't want that 35- 0 end of 3rd qrt TREATMENT... With our 3rd or 4th stringers in .... Stick to 6 man football
... with more to come: "#1. Riverdale is definitely open to other hi end football players (transfers )" - Pkc1031

I guess you text them at halftime if needed.

Let's have some fun. You openly recruit D1 talent transfers, only to try to schedule unworthy Maryland 1A schools. Do you even hear how ridiculously stupid you sound. Explain to me how playing a schedule of Little Sisters of the Poor benefits all this D1 talent. Again other teams full of D1 talent have been embarrassed by FH in the past. Don't be convinced that your score predictions would have been correct. So on behalf of FH, you are welcome. You can now go and schedule a team that will benefit all of your talent. Schedule up, you dumda&&, and stop worrying so much about what FH is doing. You actually remind me of the Allegany coach. So concerned about what the other guy is doing, ( pretty girls ) instead of coaching up your own team.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT