ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill 2018 Football Schedule

It's a very solid schedule, all the way around. Plenty of chances to earn a bunch of points. The Dunbar loss served as a big giant reset button for the Program, ending the most historic run in state history. Now is the time for a new crop of talented, dedicated Sentinel Football Players to put their stamp on the program. Looking forward to seeing what they are capable of.

Last edited:
Looks like a good schedule to me. Can't really see any reason to shoot any holes here.

Meanwhile, what are the odds this is Coach Appel's last season? It's been rumored a time or two here on the board lately. Just wondering if it's really looking like he's going to hang it up after this season? Can't blame him either way.

I must say that is an impressive schedule. However...I thought MD schools had to at least schedule a five and five schedule, unless of course they can only get what they get. It will definitely be a boon for the consessions and pizza sales. One thing for sure, if the turf is wearing thin now...it will be completely worn out and the end of this season. Looking forward to several of those games. Football fever is brewing already... :)

MPSSAA Classifications

Loyola Blakefield = 3A
Morgantown = 4A
Hollidaysburg = 2A
Forest Park = 2A
The rest = 1A

Both Reginald Lewis and Forest Park finished a combined 18-1 last year during the regular season so if Fort Hill can beat those teams there is an opportunity to pick up a good many points. The first two games to open the season will be a good test to see where FH stands.

Nice to see FT Hill / Southern series starting again!

Yes it is. It's probably not a leap to say the top rated area preseason teams for fall 2018 are Alco, FH and Southern. It is good to see they all play each other in the regular season.

Southern is going have a very good line of scrimmage with a really good QB. Alco and FH lost a ton of seniors up front and their QBs. I would not be surprised if Southern finds a way to install some temporary extra bleacher seating for the FH visit on October 5. Hoping for some superb fall weather that day. Seems like every time FH travels to Oakland it rains and that grass field can be muddy. Either way this will be a great treat to see all three of these local/1A West regional teams square up. Get your popcorn poppin.

I only see seven home games, oh, wait , I almost forgot that Alco will once again be taking the bus to the Homecoming Game!
Easily the weakest insult of the rivalry. Do you think that UCLA players drive separately to the Rose Bowl? Or that Miami players drive separately to Hard Rock Stadium (or whatever it's called now)?

8 games in the stadium.....the way it used to be......a scheduling technique of which Charlie Lattimer would be proud....Go Big Red.

The FH Band Parents are starting to gather supplies and volunteers as we speak!

OMG is onering comparing Alco to UCLA and Miami? Now that is weak. Next he's going to say that those teams don't take any showers until they get back to their schools! Thanks for making a joke funnier!

Reactions: everyones-an-expert
Cmon bleedred. Do we really need to poke at Alco on this thread seriously? No wonder people hate Fort Hill. Yes Alco has been playing home games at this field since 1936. That joke was maybe funny at best before Hitler invaded Poland.

This forum long ago turned into nothing but a FH Alco pissing match. Stop feeding it already.

OMG is onering comparing Alco to UCLA and Miami? Now that is weak. Next he's going to say that those teams don't take any showers until they get back to their schools! Thanks for making a joke funnier!
Holy shit! Does bleedred really think its a joke that a school plays its football games less than two miles from its campus? What's next, is he going to say you have to walk down stairs, alone or in pairs, into the stqdium before it counts as a home game?

Let me get this straight, it's alright to take digs at Fort Hill's schedule and say they're playing eight home games, which is inaccurate. But it's not ok to jokingly point out that one of the games that they are counting is actually an away game with a cross town rival. ILife must really be tuff on your poor sensitive souls. I'm starting to feel really bad now. No, wait, it was just a little indigestion!

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
Let me get this straight, it's alright to take digs at Fort Hill's schedule and say they're playing eight home games, which is inaccurate. But it's not ok to jokingly point out that one of the games that they are counting is actually an away game with a cross town rival. ILife must really be tuff on your poor sensitive souls. I'm starting to feel really bad now. No, wait, it was just a little indigestion!

So its ok for a fort hill fan to talk about Allegany on a thread titled Fort Hill 2018 Football Schedule, but not ok for an Allegany fan to bring up the Fort Hill schedule on a thread that's not about FH? Your snowflake is showing. Another SJW (Sentinel Justice Warrior) with hurt feels.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
WHAT?????? As usual, one ring makes no sense. Fact is Fort Hill is playing seven home games. Unless you count the Alco game as a home game. If you do that, then why is Alco considered to be the away team, unless of course it's that they take the bus to the game.

As far as posts go, I have never told anyone that they couldn't post on any thread. I just make the corrections when I see fi, and most of the time, I have fun doing it. I believe that you're the one who got his feelings hurt. I just had a little indigestion! And BTW, thanks for the label but my Warrior days have long been gone. Don't worry, Uncle Sam sends me a thank you check once a month and that's all the thank you that I need. My concern hear is that if you are so quick to label me, how many other people (or groups) do you label?

Now, let's give this thread back to the ones who want to talk about the schedule..

So its ok for a fort hill fan to talk about Allegany on a thread titled Fort Hill 2018 Football Schedule, but not ok for an Allegany fan to bring up the Fort Hill schedule on a thread that's not about FH? Your snowflake is showing. Another SJW (Sentinel Justice Warrior) with hurt feels.

I'm really torn here. I like the FH schedule, a lot. I also like the term "SJW (Sentinel Justice Warrior)" - damn, wish I'd uh thought of it.

WHAT?????? As usual, one ring makes no sense. Fact is Fort Hill is playing seven home games. Unless you count the Alco game as a home game. If you do that, then why is Alco considered to be the away team, unless of course it's that they take the bus to the game.

As far as posts go, I have never told anyone that they couldn't post on any thread. I just make the corrections when I see fi, and most of the time, I have fun doing it. I believe that you're the one who got his feelings hurt. I just had a little indigestion! And BTW, thanks for the label but my Warrior days have long been gone. Don't worry, Uncle Sam sends me a thank you check once a month and that's all the thank you that I need. My concern hear is that if you are so quick to label me, how many other people (or groups) do you label?

Now, let's give this thread back to the ones who want to talk about the schedule..

Wherever social injustice is being done to the Sentinels; bleedred will be there.

Wherever there is a chance to bring up Allegany in an unrelated thread; bleedred will be there.

Wherever someone is getting their feelings hurt; butthurt bleedred will be there.

He'll be there. Along the the half dozen other SJWs whose lives revolve around a game high school kids play.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Does onering want to have my baby? I must have really hurt his feelings!

Last edited:
Wow! Exactly how old are you? I was expecting a 'your mom!' at the end of that reply. Silly little SJW.

ADVERTISEMENT