ADVERTISEMENT

Football to restart?

They want to live in a fantasy world and revise recent history into making us believe that school is some sort of utopian fantasy for all. They want to argue hypotheticals on one side and ignore the facts and reality of teachers sexually abusing students, students preying on other students, kids being bullied, school suicide prevention campaigns against being bullied at school, school shootings, school indoctrination. For heavens sakes lets not ignore the fact that every year during flu season schools become a petri dish for bacteria and germs. If schools are so great why the need for school resource officers? In their zeal to argue a point they become so irrationally blinded by one side that, as witnessed above, their argument becomes so unbalanced it easily tips over.
The indoctrination part is my favorite. There is not a week of their lives that has gone by since they first heard some politician say it they haven't parroted the evils of education. Now they are demanding the children be subjected to it. Doesnt that make them evil?
It's unbelievable how they can contradict themselves so much, and be so oblivious to it.

Reactions: bigsavage
I don't know how this will affect sports but Berkeley county wv schools are moving to full remote due to heightened transmission. So much for that experiment..

"BCS Moves to FULL REMOTE Learning: Due to heightened community Covid-19 transmission, as indicated by the ORANGE metric, all students, brick and click, will receive instruction remotely effective Monday, October 19. In-person instruction is suspended at this time. "

I have a dog in this fight as I am a teacher in a public school. You need to look a little deeper at how the decisions are made to close schools down. It isn't necessarily the students in schools being sick but rather the community numbers. Our school shut down for one day due to one faculty member testing postive although nobody else had symptoms, got sick or tested positive.

It's not an experiment to open schools but rather a decision to act in the best interest of the students education. Virtual school is a struggle for many students and their parents or particularly the people who watch them while their parents work. Accountability for virtual education is not good and it has many issues that accompany the use of technology at home. Bottom line is we need to be safe and smart but we need to do everything we can to get our students back to school.

I have a dog in this fight as I am a teacher in a public school. You need to look a little deeper at how the decisions are made to close schools down. It isn't necessarily the students in schools being sick but rather the community numbers. Our school shut down for one day due to one faculty member testing postive although nobody else had symptoms, got sick or tested positive.

It's not an experiment to open schools but rather a decision to act in the best interest of the students education. Virtual school is a struggle for many students and their parents or particularly the people who watch them while their parents work. Accountability for virtual education is not good and it has many issues that accompany the use of technology at home. Bottom line is we need to be safe and smart but we need to do everything we can to get our students back to school.

Nope pretty much an experiment. Stevie Wonder and anyone not drinking the ChTrump kool-aid could see this coming. This is what happens when you live in communities that think its a hoax. Speaking of community I've been in Martinsburg for the last 3 months hardly anyone wears a mask or practices social distancing. Also last time I checked the school system is a part of the community. Contrary to popular belief we are not as independent as some think but much more intertwined. Our actions especially when it comes to a pandemic affect everyone.

Reactions: OneRing
I will respectfully agree to disagree on this topic BigSavage. Our students and parents made a choice at the beginning of the year. In school learning or virtual. We are nearly 9 weeks in with no spread of Co-Vid. Now many who are virtual, but not all who are virtual, want to come back to school. They will be afforded that opportunity soon.

I know the virus is real and I also know some who have gotten very ill from it. According to fact based research the chances of that for our students are very minimal so we must proceed with caution. One thing I know from being in education for over 30 years is now more than ever students need to be in school.

Reactions: Jailerman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT