ADVERTISEMENT

fh/mr

rbg444

Junior Varsity Poster
Oct 14, 2018
Let's get to some football. Can FH stop the train that has been running over people? As the passing game is usually the sentinel d's weakness will running the ball play into their hands? Can the offense stay away from penalties and move the ball to keep the ball away from mr's strong running game?
If MR has some long sustained drives that is going to put a lot of pressure on the FH offense. Will fh kick field goals in short yardage situations..I have a feeling they are going to have to score td's not field goals to keep up with the miners.

I think this is the best quality if defense that Mountain Ridge has played against thus far. I think most of the questions that need answered are on their end. Its going to be fun to see how this unfolds.

This is looking like the game six or seven years ago when Harper was a senior at MR. MR came into that game undefeated and full of confidence. FH went to Frostburg in a snowstorm and totally dominated from the start. We'll have to see if history repeats. (Without the snowstorm)

It depends on how the other players for Mountain Ridge step up. FH will have a game plan to shut down the star. Ridge will need others to make plays.

Reactions: camper21502
Also reminiscent of the Allegany/Snow Hill state title game. Much like Allegany did that day, FH will have the game plan. Can Mountain Ridge counter and find some other ways to produce? Should be a packed house and a great game between two county schools on Friday night.

Reactions: camper21502
I agree with what most have said. That being that MR is going to have to come up with a game plan that isn't solely relying on Isoefa. Sometimes when you have a special player it doesn't matter who they are playing. We will see if that is the case Friday night. I really believe the key for Mountain Ridge is getting off to a good early start. They also have tended to have a lot of quick scoring drives so far this year. If they can have long, time consuming scoring drives, keeping the Fort Hill offense off the field that would go a long way. Fort Hill's defense is better than the Mountain Ridge offense. The key will be if the Fort Hill offense can sustain drives. I am really excited to see this game on Friday night. Awesome to see good county games.

It depends on how the other players for Mountain Ridge step up. FH will have a game plan to shut down the star. Ridge will need others to make plays.
I hear ya but the thing that worries me is fh can know there is somebody they need to stop, like lackey's qb last year, but he was just too big and strong so it almost looked like they didn't. This could be a repeat unless they stack the line and make them throw.

I agree with what most have said. That being that MR is going to have to come up with a game plan that isn't solely relying on Isoefa. Sometimes when you have a special player it doesn't matter who they are playing. We will see if that is the case Friday night. I really believe the key for Mountain Ridge is getting off to a good early start. They also have tended to have a lot of quick scoring drives so far this year. If they can have long, time consuming scoring drives, keeping the Fort Hill offense off the field that would go a long way. Fort Hill's defense is better than the Mountain Ridge offense. The key will be if the Fort Hill offense can sustain drives. I am really excited to see this game on Friday night. Awesome to see good county games.
There is one thing you said that is almost always a given, if you get ahead of FH or can stay with them you will not see fh change their game plan and they will go down doing what they know. If you kick off to them chances are you you can almost guarantee a three and out. If you drive it down and score, you have them right where you need them. I agree, MR needs a quick start.

This is looking like the game six or seven years ago when Harper was a senior at MR. MR came into that game undefeated and full of confidence. FH went to Frostburg in a snowstorm and totally dominated from the start. We'll have to see if history repeats. (Without the snowstorm)

That was the year where FH had the Clays and a more "star-studded" cast, correct? To me, this year has been more of an "all hands on deck" approach, with the addition of one BIG RED TOE.

If I was an oddsmaker- with the game at Greenway, I would says FH is favored by 6.5

I think before the helmet gate, I would have said FH by 3 or so but now I believe forthill is pissed off, playing with a massive chip on their shoulder, and want to dominate teams more than ever.
If FH keeps sefa under 100 yards. This game isn’t close. If he can break a few then MR stays competitive.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
If Mtn. Ridge can come up with something to loosen the FH defense, that then allows the bull to get going more it could get interesting. If not FH wins and MR maybe gets 1 touchdown.

Reactions: money316
The year that MR thought that they were going to beat FH was 2010. The Clays were Jrs. MR was undefeated going into the game and FH had two or three losses. The first game was at FH and it was close. The playoff game was at Ridge and there was no question from the opening kickoff.

This year, MR is hoping to win, but I just don't see it. The line play just isn't there for the Ridge. Unless Sefa is a whole lot better than I'm giving him credit for, MR won't get 200 yds in total offense. (This is one of the most balanced defensive units that I've see Fort Hill have in years.)

Appel will call this game close to the vest, but we could still see a running clock Friday night.

Everything has been covered so far. FH will probably stack up to stop Sefa, and if they do then it's simple - Ridge is going to have to use him as a decoy to beat FH, which only works if you have other guys that make plays. Problem for Ridge is, FH, despite having a suspect offense at times, has an absolutely stud defense. Lot of possibilities here, which makes this one tough to call.

The main question since I haven't seen a lot of either of these guys is, does Ridge have anyone else who's a threat to move the chains and get in the endzone other than Sefa? If so, they better be good, or at least capable of showing up and making some plays. Otherwise FH will bury them on D and score enough points to win with a couple of TD's and a few FG's. I don't see one star RB being enough to take FH down unless they somehow just can't tackle him. Gonna have to be a team effort on offense.

Reactions: 4R341
The year that MR thought that they were going to beat FH was 2010. The Clays were Jrs. MR was undefeated going into the game and FH had two or three losses. The first game was at FH and it was close. The playoff game was at Ridge and there was no question from the opening kickoff.

I remember that game as well. But I think waggle is referring to 2011 when both teams came in undefeated playing at Frostburg in the snow. Garrett Clay rushed for almost 300 yards and 3 or 4 TDs and FH won 41-0.

Though as someone did point out that was a more "star studded" team per se. But I don't think the Harper led Miners had any idea it would go that way.

However if MR is going to beat Fort Hill for the first time in history, this could be their best chance in a while, and for a while.

I remember that game as well. But I think waggle is referring to 2011 when both teams came in undefeated playing at Frostburg in the snow. Garrett Clay rushed for almost 300 yards and 3 or 4 TDs and FH won 41-0.

Though as someone did point out that was a more "star studded" team per se. But I don't think the Harper led Miners had any idea it would go that way.

However if MR is going to beat Fort Hill for the first time in history, this could be their best chance in a while, and for a while.

I remember in the 2011 game MR took the opening drive down to the FH goal line and was stopped on 4th down, and FH never looked back.

over. I don't see FH changing much on defense unless Tavon Austin shows up for MR. FH will sit in a 6-2 with no spectacular changes. FH is playing MR....not just Sefa. I don't think comparing Sefa to Harper is even close....Sefa by a bunch.
My fear is FH comes out with fullback, fullback, sweep, punt. Repeat.

Reactions: ConeyIsland
My fear is FH comes out with fullback, fullback, sweep, punt. Repeat.
Oh, this will be the case come playoff time. However, the Miners will have tremendous difficulty with FH's speed on offense. So, those sweeps will yield a lot and open it up for the fullback.

The 12th man for the Miners will be FH's penalties. This could conceivably make this game closer than it should be.

Over or under, Sefa rushes for 100 yards on Fort Hills stout defense.
He will go over 100 for sure but he wont be able to carry this team to a victory unless FH plays the FG game and the Miners get some turnover help.

Anyone have any links to highlights of Sefa?? Can’t find anything in my search

28-0. MR has no first downs yet in the first half. And 18 total yards

3rd and super long conversion for a score

35-0 FH just before halftime

FH 336 yds
MR 13 yds
Half

Pua'ali has 3 total yards. Complete line domination for FH. I'm not surprised by FHs score. But I am surprised by MRs lack of any offense

MR got their first first down with 5 mins left in the game. Down 56-0. Still less than 30 yards of offense.

ADVERTISEMENT