ADVERTISEMENT

FH might have just won the State Championship

camper21502

Blue Chip Poster
Sep 21, 2012
With Dunbar losing 14-6 late in 3rd. Could Douglass even give FH a challenge?? We might have a running clock at State.. LOL

Douglas played a tough schedule very competitive, think we knew they could beat Dunbar

Styles make fights, Douglass has matched up well defensively with Dunbar level athletes all year and are really well coached and talented in spite of that 5-4 record (which is more of a result of PG county moving away from the traditional classification based leagues to the competitive balance setup they’ve done the last 2 years).

Reactions: Blueandgold45
With Dunbar losing 14-6 late in 3rd. Could Douglass even give FH a challenge?? We might have a running clock at State.. LOL
okay camper i usually think you are pretty logical but if douglass was good enough to beat dunbar why wouldn't douglass be good enough to beat fh?

Reactions: Blueandgold45
could you find one poster that said this besides me? i was the only one saying douglass had a chance, not one other person would hop on board with me. the dunbar mystique was blinding fh fans.

I called this out last week on the let’s talk dunbar thread. Not surprising, I did say if I was betting I’d take Dunbar but wouldn’t surprise me if Doug-PG won. Called it similar to the Oakdale win.

Because sometimes you get that rare upset where a good team just doesn't show up and everything goes right for the underdog..
are you sure you aren't setting fh up for the big choke?
i'd like to think all alco posters want fh to win but dismissing douglass after they beat dunbar is ridiculous. just like dunbar has problems matching up with teams just like them, fh has trouble matching up to teams like dunbar.

Last edited:
Reactions: GenSneaky
Douglass of PG has always been a legitimate contender in 1A and in 2A.

Some radio personalities are of the belief this is the Douglass team out of Baltimore and can't understand how Dunbar won 36-0 against Douglass early in the year. Well, it is Douglass out of PG that just won - not Douglass of Baltimore that Dunbar beat early in the season.

Should be a quality state championship game next week.

okay camper i usually think you are pretty logical but if douglass was good enough to beat dunbar why wouldn't douglass be good enough to beat fh?
Because sometimes you get that rare upset where a good team just doesn't show up and everything goes right for the underdog.. If this aint the case then yeah Douglass can play with FH...

Reactions: GenSneaky
Douglass of PG has always been a legitimate contender in 1A and in 2A.

Some radio personalities are of the belief this is the Douglass team out of Baltimore and can't understand how Dunbar won 36-0 against Douglass early in the year. Well, it is Douglass out of PG that just won - not Douglass of Baltimore that Dunbar beat early in the season.

Should be a quality state championship game next week.
Yeah and that 36-0 was a playoff game so I guess the WTBO guys dont know your out of the playoffs when you lose lol... They are comedians..

Yeah and that 36-0 was a playoff game so I guess the WTBO guys dont know your out of the playoffs when you lose lol... They are comedians..

Actually, it was 36-6 early in the year and 36-0 in the playoffs.

I’m just glad I can listen to the coverage from the comfort of my home on such a bad-weather day, so I can accept all the good and not-so-good that is broadcast as long as I know the accurate score from time-to-time.

Dunbar choked..
20-6
Upset..

FH just won another ring

Never count an opponent out before the game. The FH kids I don’t believe will be cocky. Even if Dunbar choked, Douglas still had to play well enough to win. I will watch the video this week.
FH will be ready. They are still playing with fire and I hope they continue to chomp at the bit. They will have to be ready. Maybe Dunbar was looking ahead to a rematch?

Because sometimes you get that rare upset where a good team just doesn't show up and everything goes right for the underdog.. If this aint the case then yeah Douglass can play with FH...

Douglass can definitely play with Fort Hill and you would underestimate them at your own peril. Douglass will certainly be well prepared come next weekend to stop the Fort Hill attack. The key for Douglass will be how quickly their players adjust to Fort Hill’s smash mouth style on offense which will be in contrast to what they’ve seen (besides from Lackey in some ways). If they adjust physically they will definitely be prepared schematically and it will be a tight game.

No, That is how it always is. Douglass isn’t ligit, now its a cake walk for FH. I said it before, Douglass is a bigger challenge. Proof is in ther schedule. Suitland, Potomac. They play a solid 3A schedule if you average there schedule out.And all of there lose’s was 2 touchdowns or less. Yeah Dunbar was always a thorn in are side.But if we take Douglass to light, might end up like Dunbar today.Just my insight

Reactions: 4R341
No, That is how it always is. Douglass isn’t ligit, now its a cake walk for FH. I said it before, Douglass is a bigger challenge. Proof is in ther schedule. Suitland, Potomac. They play a solid 3A schedule if you average there schedule out.And all of there lose’s was 2 touchdowns or less. Yeah Dunbar was always a thorn in are side.But if we take Douglass to light, might end up like Dunbar today.Just my insight
I would compare them to Lackey last year and we barely escaped that one.

From what I'm told Dunbar didn't even have game film on Douglass. I think they may have been unprepared. And Douglass was way better than they thought.

could you find one poster that said this besides me? i was the only one saying douglass had a chance, not one other person would hop on board with me. the dunbar mystique was blinding fh fans.
I wondered earlier in the week if Dunbar had played a full game.I didnt think they had been battle tested for 4 quaters.

Douglass can definitely play with Fort Hill and you would underestimate them at your own peril. Douglass will certainly be well prepared come next weekend to stop the Fort Hill attack. The key for Douglass will be how quickly their players adjust to Fort Hill’s smash mouth style on offense which will be in contrast to what they’ve seen (besides from Lackey in some ways). If they adjust physically they will definitely be prepared schematically and it will be a tight game.
You don't go on the road and beat Dunbar by two TDs unless you are legit. FH has failed miserably trying to accomplish such a thing. You dont take a 1A team and lose to 4A Flowers and Suitland by less than 1 score unless you are legit. Much respect here. FH vs. Douglass is gonna be a good one to see.

WTF Lag, seriously? I watched Alco collect those same shit rings as you call it for 40 years.

I was taking a shot at Meth. But, since you mention it, we are talking about 1A football where FH beats an Alco team that can barely suit up enough players..... and the competition level so far appears to be one level short of the 'Little Sisters of the Poor'... frankly.

I was taking a shot at Meth. But, since you mention it, we are talking about 1A football where FH beats an Alco team that can barely suit up enough players..... and the competition level so far appears to be one level short of the 'Little Sisters of the Poor'... frankly.

You mean like Blow Hill?
You have been taking digs at 1A all day.

and yet you are still on here offering your opinion like it matters. If 1A football mimicked one level short of the "little sisters off the Poor", I'd figure you would have done moved on to other things. They have message boards for 2, 3 and 4 A football.

and yet you are still on here offering your opinion like it matters. If 1A football mimicked one level short of the "little sisters off the Poor", I'd figure you would have done moved on to other things. They have message boards for 2, 3 and 4 A football.

You're a pebble skipping across a stream of thought. Hang around a while. Hell, you're not even two beers down in the tradition of this board. At least offer some serious background before commenting about folks who were born and lived through the days when Cumberland was more than its current days as a meth lab.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT