ADVERTISEMENT

FH has 4 TD taken off the board

BrianH1974

Blue Chip Poster
May 2, 2005
A 60 yard punt return for TD
A 50 yard punt return for TD
A 62 yard run by QB Beal (got tackled at the 1 yard line)
A 18 yard trap play TD

Had another 58 yard run flagged but the FH kid fumbled when he got tackled at the 15 yard line

In short, 200 yards erased and 4 TD. Half of those flags should never have been thrown. Really, a chop block on a trap play?

Wow theae refs were super bad. Someone had an axe to grind.

Reactions: Red White and True
Two of those TDs were called back on two of three blindside block calls. It's a new rule. And the official making the calls (same guy called all three) was being way too quick to call them. The crucial part of the new blindside block call is all about hand placement. If you have your hands in front of you it's not a blindside block...if you hit with your shoulder, it is. It has nothing to do with the intensity of the hit. Literally you can brush against a guy with your shoulder and it can be called.

The rule sucks. Period. It's not a vicious hit or targeting rule, it's literally a hand vs shoulder rule. My guess is you will not see another umpire or back judge call those blindside blocks all year. Against any other team. FHs issues are way more significant than those penalties though.

A stellar defense can only win so many games. The offense needs work BADLY.

When FH’s offense plays 1A competition, they’ll be dominant. When they play 3A schools with Big, Fast, D1 DL they are challenged. Take away those flags, and then the offense has another 100+ yards and potentially, 2 more scores. The QB 40+ yard run and Askins 40+ yard run and fumble (which was flagged and would have comeback, had he not fumbled).

I’d bet $1000 that FHs offense puts up 40+ points in at least 4 of the next 6 games. Who’s in?

The next four games are not typical 1A competition, I agree FH should put up big points.

But Lackey, Dunbar, possibly Catoctin this year...are every bit as good as Hollidaysburg.

Reactions: camper21502
A 60 yard punt return for TD
A 50 yard punt return for TD
A 62 yard run by QB Beal (got tackled at the 1 yard line)
A 18 yard trap play TD

Had another 58 yard run flagged but the FH kid fumbled when he got tackled at the 15 yard line

In short, 200 yards erased and 4 TD. Half of those flags should never have been thrown. Really, a chop block on a trap play?

Wow theae refs were super bad. Someone had an axe to grind.
Maybe stop holding and performing illegal blocks and they wont be flagged. Just a thought. But sorry to interrupt the Tissue Party. Please, continue to cry.

Reactions: alco65
According to WCBC's new "opinion" with ref, Terry Snyder, The refs should be thanked. "The next time you see a ref, thank them. Without the refs, there would be no game." Snyder also said that new refs are put with veteran refs to learn the game. Really.....LEARN THE GAME AT YOUTH LEAGUE, FRESHMAN, OR J.V..

I played in pick up games where we called the games better than some of the local refs.

If you are being paid to provide a service (like the refs are) then they need to be held accountable.

It is just frustrating to watch officials become part of the game at the expense of the players. Local players have very little lives in the off seasons due to lifting and conditioning.

Hard to watch when one person erases all the hard work the kids put in

According to WCBC's new "opinion" with ref, Terry Snyder, The refs should be thanked. "The next time you see a ref, thank them. Without the refs, there would be no game." Snyder also said that new refs are put with veteran refs to learn the game. Really.....LEARN THE GAME AT YOUTH LEAGUE, FRESHMAN, OR J.V..

I played in pick up games where we called the games better than some of the local refs.

If you are being paid to provide a service (like the refs are) then they need to be held accountable.

It is just frustrating to watch officials become part of the game at the expense of the players. Local players have very little lives in the off seasons due to lifting and conditioning.

Hard to watch when one person erases all the hard work the kids put in

Then why aren't you a referee? By sitting back and doing nothing, aren't you just as responsible for the kids hard work being erased? The fact that you played pickup games obviously means you have what it takes, so why don't you and the other pickup players save Fort Hill from these refs who are ruining these kids' lives?

I will say for-the-life-of-me that nobody should talk about Greenway homer refs. Countless 'big plays' and touchdowns have been called back on Allegany at Greenway over the last couple years. And.... And... how about tossing out two Alco players for leaving the bench right before a game with FH. Technically yes to the entire team... but this was no bench clearing brawl. At worst, call a penalty on the coach.

Considering there were 28 points left on the board because of the flags. I’ll say it was the flags
So your logic is that someone can't comment on your prediction if they don't make a prediction of their own, but it's perfectly fine for you to comment on someone's officiating despite not doing any officiating of your own.

Psst... Your hypocrisy is showing.

So your logic is that someone can't comment on your prediction if they don't make a prediction of their own, but it's perfectly fine for you to comment on someone's officiating despite not doing any officiating of your own.

Psst... Your hypocrisy is showing.
Actually I have officiated a few games in my life.

Really, a chop block on a trap play?

How is that so hard to imagine? There is usually either a double team or a chip block on a defensive lineman during a trap. Anytime there is a double team block there is the potential for a chop block really. One of the two goes a little to low with the contact and you got one.

I know he has. Never said he didn’t. Just said if you want to laugh at my picks put your own out there.
And he did, as you admitted. All I'm saying is if you want to complain about officiating, then do your officiating out there.

So you were just bitching about people not making predictions because you were hurt that yours was wrong? Why else make that comment?
The comment was about your officiating piece on your last post. You said “if you want to complain about officiating” which is why I said “I have” and then you said “officiate out there” which is why I said “I do”
Where did I say I was hurt about my prediction being wrong? Show me the post

The comment was about your officiating piece on your last post. You said “if you want to complain about officiating” which is why I said “I have” and then you said “officiate out there” which is why I said “I do”
Where did I say I was hurt about my prediction being wrong? Show me the post
You made your comment about predictions before I even commented. Why make it unless you were hurt? As you said, camper has made predictions, so why make that comment to him unless you were hurt? Now please show me the comment where I said you said you were hurt. Where did I say that?

Wow...I see the hatred for FH is still very much alive and well.

Gotta find a way to get #8 the ball more. Oh, and FH needs a QB - badly. Surely someone on this team can throw a five yard pass, no?

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Wow...I see the hatred for FH is still very much alive and well.

Gotta find a way to get #8 the ball more. Oh, and FH needs a QB - badly. Surely someone on this team can throw a five yard pass, no?

Makes comment about hatred for fort hill...

Follows by tossing hate at fh quarterback

And please, where are the posts here hating on FH?

You made your comment about predictions before I even commented. Why make it unless you were hurt? As you said, camper has made predictions, so why make that comment to him unless you were hurt? Now please show me the comment where I said you said you were hurt. Where did I say that?
So you were just bitching about people not making predictions because you were hurt that yours was wrong? Why else make that comment?
“You were hurt that yours was wrong”

Makes comment about hatred for fort hill...

Follows by tossing hate at fh quarterback
“You were hurt that yours was wrong”
So you dont understand what the ? at the end of a sentence means, or is it you dont understand what the concept of a question is in general?

It's an interrogative statement, designed to gather or test knowledge, btw.

A question is not a declaration.

I enjoy how you disingenuously edited your comment right before the question mark. You just keep assassinating your own character.

Last edited:
On the flip side how many false starts did FH have? That's not a bad ref call. Mistake prone team. Although they have been limiting the turnovers. Which is of the utmost importance.

Reactions: OneRing
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT