ADVERTISEMENT

Damascus Football players charged with raping teammates with brooms...

This is sick stuff but let due process proceed and all the facts get out; however, since it is dealing with juveniles we may not get all of the facts.

Unfortunately, if the alleged perpetrators are found involved the system will work to minimize consequences and there will be a myriad of suspect mitigating factors that will be used to reduce the culpability of these juveniles. I would bet that some of them only get probation for this hideous premeditated, criminal act. I have seen it to much first hand where there are minimal consequences for some of the most serious offenses, yet kids are put through drug treatment after drug treatment for marijuana, but rape someone and the system will finds some excuse to minimize their accountability.

Further, if this is widespread through the program then the program needs a suspension from play for a while.

Reactions: JahBiggs
*If* they did this, these kids should be locked up for the rest of their natural born lives. This is a sickness you don't grow out of.

However, let's do something this country seems to feel is politically incorrect - assume innocence until proven guilty.

While I agree innocent until proven guilty these are not just some random allegations that were ran with by a news source, the accusations were investigated and enough evidence was obtained to make arrests and press charges. And lets be frank here most teenage boys probably aren't going to make up a story of this nature if it didn't happen. This isn't a "the coach was mean to me" kind of thing this is something serious that can lead to emotional issues for years to come.

While I agree innocent until proven guilty these are not just some random allegations that were ran with by a news source, the accusations were investigated and enough evidence was obtained to make arrests and press charges. And lets be frank here most teenage boys probably aren't going to make up a story of this nature if it didn't happen. This isn't a "the coach was mean to me" kind of thing this is something serious that can lead to emotional issues for years to come.
You're right - to a degree. It appears to be more likely than unlikely. However, until that judge drops his or her gavel these are still, at this point, only plausible, unconfirmed allegations.

You're right - to a degree. It appears to be more likely than unlikely. However, until that judge drops his or her gavel these are still, at this point, only plausible, unconfirmed allegations.
Don't know how many have seen the espn documentary on the duke lacrosse team...if you haven't you should. That was one of the most coordinated efforts to obstruct justice and throw blame on numerous young men all for the political gain of some evil people. That has nothing to do with this case, I'm just saying there are things that have happened in the sports world in the past that seemed like slam dunk cases that turned out to be completely false.

Reactions: 4R341
One of the four alleged victims told police that he had heard about the tradition of “brooming” when he was in middle school but thought it was a myth. When he pleaded for his attackers to stop, they told him it was tradition, according to the report.

So none of the coaches knew about this when apparently it's been going on for yrs???

One of the four alleged victims told police that he had heard about the tradition of “brooming” when he was in middle school but thought it was a myth. When he pleaded for his attackers to stop, they told him it was tradition, according to the report.

So none of the coaches knew about this when apparently it's been going on for yrs???
And yet people on here continue to say we should do things just out of tradition.

Elaborate please? What "tradition" are you saying is like violating a kid with a broomstick?
So now you're going to play even dumber than usual and act like no one has defended tradition on these threads?
I guess, just like with everything else, it's only when you approve of the tradition does it need to be continued.
Love these forums. A player dies at Maryland and the talk is about how soft players have become. A kid gets hazed and its aghast.

So now you're going to play even dumber than usual and act like no one has defended tradition on these threads?
I guess, just like with everything else, it's only when you approve of the tradition does it need to be continued.
Love these forums. A player dies at Maryland and the talk is about how soft players have become. A kid gets hazed and its aghast.
Oh small-minded little one, tradition is a broad term. Sigh. Never mind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT