ADVERTISEMENT

Could a record fall Saturday?

hbpass2

All State Poster
Dec 5, 2011
Could you see fort hill breaking the record for most points scored in a state championship game?

saw this on the Sun Board and thought it appropriate for this post:

"NOTHING is a given in the title game. Example FH vs the great Dunbar juggernaut during TA's Senior year and they were going for the 3peat. On paper FH wasn't even supposed to be in the game, but it took a last second effort for Dunbar to secure the win. FH didn't have any stars, but were scrappy and played as a team. Why couldn't HDG do the same thing? If FH starts believing their own press, we could be in for a long afternoon. Stay humble and stay hungry, Big Red."

Not much into predicting scores, but I will predict this. This team, " who was predicted by a lot of folks to end up 5-5", has the opportunity to prove a lot of "know it alls" absolutely wrong. The obvious thing is for all players to keep their head on straight and don't feed in to all the hype, remember what they've been doing all last winter, spring, and summer, and that's been working for this trip. So, if anyone reading this knows a young man on Big Red, advise him to stay focused on their schoolwork, keep doing the right things, listen to your teachers and coaches. Get plenty of rest this week, no late nights, and just maybe, "HDG will get THUNDERSTRUCK by THE BIG RED MACHINE!" just saying....

Fort Hill wins very easily. I can't even come up with a situation in which Fort Hill blows it. How sad is it that a team that scored 3 points in a State Semifinal game and won will play for a State Championship? Don't take anything away from HDG, I work close to that area, and after the game Saturday night, tons of excitement in the area from the Warrior faithful.

Interesting record set last week. The Havre De Grace 3-0 win over FAET last week is the new record holder for lowest scoring playoff game in history.

But what even more interesting is that the previous record of 6-0 was held by two teams...Havre De Grace (1985) and FAET (2014).

Reactions: towpath94
Fort Hill wins very easily. I can't even come up with a situation in which Fort Hill blows it. How sad is it that a team that scored 3 points in a State Semifinal game and won will play for a State Championship? Don't take anything away from HDG, I work close to that area, and after the game Saturday night, tons of excitement in the area from the Warrior faithful.

Interesting record set last week. The Havre De Grace 3-0 win over FAET last week is the new record holder for lowest scoring playoff game in history.

But what even more interesting is that the previous record of 6-0 was held by two teams...Havre De Grace (1985) and FAET (2014).

It set a Class 1A record but it looks like there have been 2 other 3-0 playoff games. Linganore holds the record for least points by a winning team in a State Championship game, 3-0 over Magruder in 1989.

The other 3-0 game was a quarterfinal win by Churchill over Annapolis in 1985.

Ah yes, 1A only I should have clarified. But I thought the fact that the previous record being held by the two teams that combined for the new record was pretty ironic.

Ah yes, 1A only I should have clarified. But I thought the fact that the previous record being held by the two teams that combined for the new record was pretty ironic.

That is pretty ironic. Not sure what that says about either team, lol. There is bound to be a 2-0 game sometime!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT