ADVERTISEMENT

Clear Spring 42 Smithsburg 6 -- East/WOI

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
Tough year for the Leopards. A former Smithsburg coach told me last winter when Smithsburg agreed to a 3 year deal with Fort Hill, "If most every team is going to beat us by 50 points, it minus well be the best team." I chuckled when he said it, but I get it.

East/World of Inquiry will travel from Rochester, NY to Fort Hill next Saturday. They beat Brockport tonight 48-21 to improve to 5-1 on the season. Their only loss was to Christian Brothers Academy, who is the No. 3 ranked team in the state of New York.

Last edited:
Tough year for the Leopards. A former Smithsburg coach told me last winter when Smithsburg agreed to a 3 year deal with Fort Hill, "If most every team is going to beat us by 50 points, it minus well be the best team." I chuckled when he said it, but I get it.

East/World of Inquiry will travel from Rochester, NY to Fort Hill next Saturday. They beat Brockport tonight 48-21 to improve to 5-1 on the season. Their only loss was to Christian Brothers Academy, who is the No. 3 ranked team in the state of New York.
Oh my. I hope this is a 1 year deal and we can get Paw Paw School of Hydrology and Tunnel Engineering back on the schedule. I'd love to see a game under the lights at their new Okonoko facility. It's too far out of the way to drive past to check things out. Really need a game to make the trip out that winding road worthwhile. Fingers crossed we can establish a rivalry with the Paddlers

This East/WOI team coming to Cumberland this Saturday is as athletic as Dunbar. Just as fast. Two huge tackles. A tall, lanky QB who runs like the wind. Just straight up fast athletes across the board. They get a few of them in open space and it's a TD.

FH fans can hope the wing-T is a foreign concept to this NY visitor. They have to make the drives count and rush for close to 400 yards.

This is the schedule FH should be playing. Not putting a running clock on undermanned opponents each week <applause>.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT