ADVERTISEMENT

CCA and their sportsmanship

GenSneaky

All State Poster
Sep 14, 2013
Say what you will, but I'm convinced FH only ran up the score to rub it in CCA's coach's face for not having his kids disciplined. I've never seen so many personal fouls! They had a lot of talent, but these kids didn't look like a "team" at all.

Very undisciplined team. Cant recall a team playing so much with more than 11 players on the field or sometimes with only 10. At least one play they had 13 and the refs didn't see it. Tons of false starts and illegal formations.

CC was for the most part a very athletic team. However, athleticism does not equal a good team.

While CC held the ball for 7+ minutes on that opening drive, at times the players didn't know where they were going prior to the start of the play.

The QB was an exceptional passer without pressure, but once FH started pressuring him in the third quarter he wasn't nearly as accurate.

If the CC coach wants his team to be placed on center stage at the MD state level, he needs to get some organization and perhaps some coaches up top to actually see what's happening on the field.

I'm just saying... This team (with the right coaching) could go as far as they want.

But the other point I was making was the score. FH kept 1st team on all second half. I guess there's a chance that it was to avoid injuries, but I "feel" it was due to all the personal fouls

With a good coaching staff many teams including FH would have been in trouble. Wrong game to pick for their championship.

Offensively, they werent awful talentwise. #5 for them was a legit runner,and as mentioned the QB threw a nice ball when he had blocking.

Defensively, they obviously had no experience at all with the trap. And they probably had not seen that kind of opposing atheticism since their first game which they also lost badly.

Much of the issue with their discipline was coming from their headcoach. I dont know if he honestly thought FH wasnt that good, or that his team was better, or if he was just hyping it for fun...but he started it off wrong by his comments before the game. I am pretty sure that he told anyone who would listen that he guaranteed a win for his team today. When your coach has that attitude the players will reflect it.

And thus we had players arguing with refs, walking dejectedly, just strolling onto the field (FH ran one play while half the CCA team was still walking onto the field) and players just giving up. The starting QB and LB walked off the field and sat down in the last few minutes.

They have a lot of work to do before they get to the level the coach seems to think they are at.

If CCA wants to build something they need to start with things that have nothing to do with X's and O's. I don't care for their "milling around" attitude when the ball is not being snapped. That's an old expression but in short, there is no hustle, they just walk very slowly to and from the huddle and to and from the sideline, etc. I was taught at a very young age that you run to every drill, run to the whistle...i.e. hustle. This team is just milling around in between plays taking their good ole time with little care and that translates to the play on many occasions. It's another reason they are always fighting the 25 second play clock and having difficulty getting the right people in with the right formation.

Athletically I did think this team had it. Some size to go with it. But the line of scrimmage needs some major coaching to put it mildly. No 3-point stance, no fire off the ball, no hustle.

Just playing armchair QB. Was thankful they came to play in Cumberland and that was all anyone asked for.

I was disappointed that CCA had so many basic errors at this point in the season. Especially with the problems for the QB to even receive the snap. I left early, but unless a lot stuff happened late in the game, I didn't see a lot of "sportsmanship" issues. I don't think a coach being confident is unsportsmanlike.

And let's remember this was only a second year team you guys are trashing, there are plenty of MPSSAA Top 50 very disciplined teams you can schedule.

5 personal fouls/unsportsmanlike calls is pretty high...don't you think?

Rumors of extremely colorful language coming from the CCA side as well, not just players but coaches too. Interesting approach from a private Christian Academy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT