ADVERTISEMENT

Campers vs Wildcats

No way Wildcats score 43 unless Campers defense is horrific. I think it will be low scoring....going to say 18-6 Wildcats

Williamsport lost to Century which should be 4-0 and an undefeated Liberty team think both will probably make the playoffs. Starters can play with anyone but little depth. Have played a rough three games, but are improving. Personally think they only lose one more game the rest of the season to South Hagerstown.

Williamsport lost to Century which should be 4-0 and an undefeated Liberty team think both will probably make the playoffs. Starters can play with anyone but little depth. Have played a rough three games, but are improving. Personally think they only lose one more game the rest of the season to South Hagerstown.
Could you shed some light on a few question. Do they still throw the ball all over the field and how many players did they lose off of last years team? Mainly how many did they lose on the offensive side?

On a similar topic, today at Greenway for the junior high kids: Patriots 51 Williamsport 7. Good to see our youth league programs playing teams outside the area.

This Patriot team is actually very entertaining to watch. You would never think they are 7th and 8th graders. They play much older throwing, catching, running and tackling.

Could you shed some light on a few question. Do they still throw the ball all over the field and how many players did they lose off of last years team? Mainly how many did they lose on the offensive side?

They lost a few off last years team, but better at the QB position. Probably have the best QB easily in Washington and Frederick County. If Campers cant cover the pass they will throw it down field a lot.

Reactions: hbpass2
On a similar topic, today at Greenway for the junior high kids: Patriots 51 Williamsport 7. Good to see our youth league programs playing teams outside the area.

This Patriot team is actually very entertaining to watch. You would never think they are 7th and 8th graders. They play much older throwing, catching, running and tackling.

Wow. I figured it would be more competitive than that. I've noticed football is not a priority in Washington County anymore. It's a shame when you have more FB players on a 1A team than you do on 2A and 3A.

That middle School team will probably not lose a game in their league, they would be about 500 in the league up here.

Yes, my oldest played for Frostburg Cougars (not sure If they are still called that now) from probably 2000-2005 and then we moved to Hagerstown. Totally different up there. Washington County loses a lot of players to soccer and some just dont play.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Wow. I figured it would be more competitive than that. I've noticed football is not a priority in Washington County anymore. It's a shame when you have more FB players on a 1A team than you do on 2A and 3A.

Washington County schools, especially within Hagerstown have a transient population, gang problems and too much diversity issues to produce consistent football programs. This is a controversial statement but I spoke directly with a coach in the area that spoke to this. I will not state the name because he would be burned at the stake by the political correct folks but it directly effects football interests and follow through at some schools in the county.

They lost a few off last years team, but better at the QB position. Probably have the best QB easily in Washington and Frederick County. If Campers cant cover the pass they will throw it down field a lot.

Oakdale's quarterback is by far the best quarterback in Washington and Frederick County and possibly the entire state of MD. He can throw the ball 70 plus yards and is accurate. Please check your information before posting crazy comments. He was the Central Maryland Conference 1st Team QB last year as a Junior. He is a phenomenal athlete as he was also the Frederick County Player of the Year at Basketball last season. He has already accepted a full ride scholarship to Kent State (FBS school with Arizona State, Auburn and Wisconsin scheduled for 2019 and Alabama, Arkansas and Kentucky on the schedule for 2020). My understanding is he will be competing for the starting QB spot next year as a true freshman.

Washington County schools, especially within Hagerstown have a transient population, gang problems and too much diversity issues to produce consistent football programs. This is a controversial statement but I spoke directly with a coach in the area that spoke to this. I will not state the name because he would be burned at the stake by the political correct folks but it directly effects football interests and follow through at some schools in the county.

That actually sounds like one of the worst excuses for losing I've ever heard. I'm guessing he also blamed the media?

Oakdale's quarterback is by far the best quarterback in Washington and Frederick County and possibly the entire state of MD. He can throw the ball 70 plus yards and is accurate. Please check your information before posting crazy comments. He was the Central Maryland Conference 1st Team QB last year as a Junior. He is a phenomenal athlete as he was also the Frederick County Player of the Year at Basketball last season. He has already accepted a full ride scholarship to Kent State (FBS school with Arizona State, Auburn and Wisconsin scheduled for 2019 and Alabama, Arkansas and Kentucky on the schedule for 2020). My understanding is he will be competing for the starting QB spot next year as a true freshman.

It's my opinion just like you have yours. I think Williamsport QB is best in the area. Oakdale gets a lot for publicity than Williamsport so that has a lot to do with it

It's my opinion just like you have yours. I think Williamsport QB is best in the area. Oakdale gets a lot for publicity than Williamsport so that has a lot to do with it

Plus he is a senior, Williamsport QB is only a junior that is also a multi sport athlete that will probably have his choice between basketball and football after graduation

Reactions: OakdaleFootball
Plus he is a senior, Williamsport QB is only a junior that is also a multi sport athlete that will probably have his choice between basketball and football after graduation

Oakdale's QB was offered D1 scholarships for both Football and Basketball and chose football.

Reactions: Wvu21795
Can we start an online poll about whether the Williamsport or Oakdale quarterback is better, and have we Mountain Marylander's vote sight unseen just for the heck of it. We might actually be able to invoke some faux outrage over the whole deal, lol. Just kidding, i'm sure they are both fine young men.
Makes you wonder why somebody is making such a big deal out of it doesn't it? We've had 2 maybe 3 games in some cases so by all means we should just go ahead and name coach of the year, player of the year, all-state team...would make as much sense as waiting for the season to play out.

Reactions: Wvu21795
Can we start an online poll about whether the Williamsport or Oakdale quarterback is better, and have we Mountain Marylander's vote sight unseen just for the heck of it. We might actually be able to invoke some faux outrage over the whole deal, lol. Just kidding, i'm sure they are both fine young men.

Hahaha

I'm happy to see someone from Oakdale. It's good to bring and get different perspectives to the Forum

Thank you. I normally just read the posts in this forum but when I saw somebody said the QB for Williamsport was EASILY the best QB in Washington or Frederick County, I had to make sure that was rebutted. Oakdale has a great chance of snapping the Damascus win streak in the playoffs if they stay healthy and their QB plays a huge factor for this to happen.

Last edited:
The Williamsport guy is just really excited about his team. The problem is that they'll be lucky to be 5-5 this year.

The Williamsport guy is just really excited about his team. The problem is that they'll be lucky to be 5-5 this year.

Oakdale and Williamsport are both in the 2A West. There is a chance they could meet in the Regional Playoff round. However, based on what you're saying, it doesn't look like Williamsport will make it to the playoffs. I know very little about Williamsport football other than they are in the 2A West, which is arguably the toughest region in the state regardless of classification.

Really? Could happen but think they will win more. Problem is Williamsport plays a tough schedule. I can see them winning out the rest of they year with the exception of South, but a lot depends on health of the team. Front part of their schedule was loaded. Williamsport QB is only a junior but probably would have started as a sophomore if not for his brother playing QB.

Oakdale and Williamsport are both in the 2A West. There is a chance they could meet in the Regional Playoff round. However, based on what you're saying, it doesn't look like Williamsport will make it to the playoffs. I know very little about Williamsport football other than they are in the 2A West, which is arguably the toughest region in the state regardless of classification.

2A west is loaded and no doubt the toughest in the state. I'd like to get MD's playoff format changed but no going to happen so know need to talk about it.

I am not saying your QB is not exceptionally good because he is. Just my opinion from seeing both QBs play. If Williamsports QB had the weapons around him that Oakdale has he would put up the same numbers if not better but both are great kids and exceptional athletes

I am not saying your QB is not exceptionally good because he is. Just my opinion from seeing both QBs play. If Williamsports QB had the weapons around him that Oakdale has he would put up the same numbers if not better but both are great kids and exceptional athletes

The crazy thing is the Oakdale QB lost his 2 top receivers from last year. One of them is seeing play time at Delaware as a true freshman and the other is playing for Shepherd. Most of his current receivers are good as they were waiting their turn to step on the field, but they are still unproven at the varsity level.

The crazy thing is the Oakdale QB lost his 2 top receivers from last year. One of them is seeing play time at Delaware as a true freshman and the other is playing for Shepherd. Most of his current receivers are good as they were waiting their turn to step on the field, but they are still unproven at the varsity level.

You guys have so much talent over there!! Year in year out great program!

Another school I saw this year and was very impressed with was Linganore. Personally the best HS team I have seen play since the 2011 Middletown team.

Another school I saw this year and was very impressed with was Linganore. Personally the best HS team I have seen play since the 2011 Middletown team.

The Linganore / Oakdale game will be one to watch. Oakdale beat Linganore pretty convincingly last year and has many returning players, although Oakdale lost the 2 top receivers. Oakdale scrimmaged Quince Orchard, last year's 4A Finalist, in a simulated game type format and won 7-0. Linganore returns many players too. I think Oakdale will win, but many others think Linganore will win. It should be a great game as well as the possible Oakdale / Damascus match-up in the playoffs.

The Wildcats should be 5-5 this year. 6-4 would be a success. Neither record is getting them into the 2A West playoffs.

The Linganore / Oakdale game will be one to watch. Oakdale beat Linganore pretty convincingly last year and has many returning players, although Oakdale lost the 2 top receivers. Oakdale scrimmaged Quince Orchard, last year's 4A Finalist, in a simulated game type format and won 7-0. Linganore returns many players too. I think Oakdale will win, but many others think Linganore will win. It should be a great game as well as the possible Oakdale / Damascus match-up in the playoffs.

Where is that game this year...I'd like to come see it?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT