ADVERTISEMENT

Bishop Walsh will open school

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
Bishop Walsh just announced they are opening. Cool, just as long as public schools don't we can be safe.

Private schools, especially smaller ones with a history of financial trouble, are going to do everything in their power to be open this fall because if they don't it's probably the end of the school.

You see it at the college level as well. Johns Hopkins can afford to open online only. Goucher and Stevenson can't.

Private school administrators have also expressed to me that they feel like they can operate more safely than their public school counterparts due to lack of buses and smaller class sizes, among other things.

I know several private school parents have expressed to me that they would withdraw their child from private school if they were online only. Online only negates many of the reasons people send their kids to private schools.

This pandemic will probably be the death knell for a lot of small and poorly financed schools and colleges over the next 18 months or so.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Private schools, especially smaller ones with a history of financial trouble, are going to do everything in their power to be open this fall because if they don't it's probably the end of the school.

You see it at the college level as well. Johns Hopkins can afford to open online only. Goucher and Stevenson can't.

Private school administrators have also expressed to me that they feel like they can operate more safely than their public school counterparts due to lack of buses and smaller class sizes, among other things.

I know several private school parents have expressed to me that they would withdraw their child from private school if they were online only. Online only negates many of the reasons people send their kids to private schools.

This pandemic will probably be the death knell for a lot of small and poorly financed schools and colleges over the next 18 months or so.

Correct. Money over safety always. The justification of essential. COVID will continue to spread if only some follow the protocols. I can guarantee that if public school teachers didn't get paid until schools were open, they would be open. None of this was ever about safety and saving lives.

You will also see many state high school associations file bankruptcy like the MPSSAA without fall playoff revenue.

Reactions: OneRing
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT