ADVERTISEMENT

Allegany vs. Dunbar ?

money316

All County Poster
Oct 15, 2017
Hearing through the Cumberland rumor mill that Allegany has South Hagerstown scheduled for week one next year. Can anybody confirm/ deny?

Hearing through the Cumberland rumor mill that Allegany has South Hagerstown scheduled for week one next year. Can anybody confirm/ deny?
I know that Allegany and Dunbar were only on a 2 year deal, and I was told that it was highly likely that the deal would not be renewed

Maybe Hansel isn't so smart if he can't find a patsy in PA for week one.

That is true and picked up Albert Gallatin from Uniontown to replace Williamsport. I believe the rest of schedule is the same from what I hear

I think they will think seriously about playing Dunbar or another serious team again. They made almost $5,000 just off the gate for that game, not counting concessions, almost the same thing FH made off the MCC game gate.

I think they will think seriously about playing Dunbar or another serious team again. They made almost $5,000 just off the gate for that game, not counting concessions, almost the same thing FH made off the MCC game gate.

Both Allegany and FH made way more gate money than $5000 at $5 per head. Not sure what the official MCC count was but it was 7000 plus. The Dunbar and Allegany game has to be close to $20000 gate money at $5 per head.

Both Allegany and FH made way more gate money than $5000 at $5 per head. Not sure what the official MCC count was but it was 7000 plus. The Dunbar and Allegany game has to be close to $20000 gate money at $5 per head.
I wonder how much extra they made off food,programs,50/50???

Gallatin just finished 0-10 and has won 4 games in 6 years. Maybe FH can move Forest Park to that week and have a double header on Saturday. The 50/50 draw would be worth $3.
Didn't say they were good. just talking about the schedule change

Reactions: cumbfanatic
At the Allegany v. Dunbar football game in 2017, we did not raise money for a “Gilmore Named Charity”, rather we asked for donations to the Western Maryland Food Bank Bag Man Backpack Program in memory of my father, Jack. Our family agreed to match all donations made up to $1,000 made at the game. The good folks of our community contributed approximately $1,050. To say we were humbled by this effort, would be an understatement. As promised, our family contributed $1,000, thereby bringing the total raised at the game to $2,050. In 2017, approximately $4,000 for this program was donated in Dad’s memory.

I would ask all of you on this board to consider donating to the WMFB during the upcoming holiday season. While some of us are very fortunate, many in our community struggle to make ends meet. Money donated to the WMFB stays in our community, helping our friends and neighbors. Money donated to the WMFB also goes towards the Backpack program and the food pantries in Allegany, FH and MR high schools.

My family would happily agree to match funds raised at a basketball game this winter just as we did last year at the football game. Maybe the Allegany v. FH game, or the Allegany v. BW game (Dad was a Lasalle graduate after all). If someone wants to organize it, we are in!

Unrelated to the efforts to support the WMFB, my family gives an area Lineman of the Year award named after my dad, but we fund that privately.

Last edited:

You are correct, I was stating total profits. Allegany cleared almost $5,000 after expenses. They charged $5 for adults and $3 for students so the gate wasn't as much as you estimated. FH cleared more but they also had more expenses with the hotel and travel fees for MCC, so in the end they didn't make much more than the Alco/Dunbar game did. You are also overstating the MCC count in terms of paid attendance. Once again, I don't know what they make off concessions, but I'm quite sure it was a lot for both of those games. Maybe someone on the board knows what they make on homecoming for concessions.

But getting back to the main point, I think just for financial reasons it would make sense to bring in at least one good team, and even if you lose you still get the experience of playing a higher level opponent.

At the Allegany v. Dunbar football game in 2017, we did not raise money for a “Gilmore Named Charity”, rather we asked for donations to the Western Maryland Food Bank Bag Man Backpack Program in memory of my father, Jack. Our family agreed to match all donations made up to $1,000 made at the game. The good folks of our community contributed approximately $1,050. To say we were humbled by this effort, would be an understatement. As promised, our family contributed $1,000, thereby bringing the total raised at the game to $2,050. In 2017, approximately $4,000 for this program was donated in Dad’s memory.

I would ask all of you on this board to consider donating to the WMFB during the upcoming holiday season. While some of us are very fortunate, many in our community struggle to make ends meet. Money donated to the WMFB stays in our community, helping our friends and neighbors. Money donated to the WMFB also goes towards the Backpack program and the food pantries in Allegany, FH and MR high schools.

My family would happily agree to match funds raised at a basketball game this winter just as we did last year at the football game. Maybe the Allegany v. FH game, or the Allegany v. BW game (Dad was a Lasalle graduate after all). If someone wants to organize it, we are in!

Unrelated to the efforts to support the WMFB, my family gives an area Lineman of the Year award named after my dad, but we fund that privately.

I am sorry and apologize for my awkward wording. As I recall, we were asked to give to a charity in which Jack Gilmore's name was used. I thought it was a 'Jack Gilmore donation' to a selected charity. That is why I called it a named charity.

I still feel I would have used the same descriptive words again since the only thing I remember was his name. I was happy to dig deep for the occasion and it certainly appeared that everyone around me did the same.

It was the perfect time for charity giving and it looked like the event was a major success. Again, I deeply apologize for the poor reflective memory from my post.

Appreciated and no hard feelings. More than anything, I would like to remind everyone the WMFB could certainly use the help if we could all “dig deep” again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT