Friday September 21 - @ Williamsport 7:00
Friday September 28 - Silver Oak 7:00
Friday October 5 - @ Boonsboro 7:00
Friday October 12 - Keyser 7:00
Friday October 19 - Northern 7:00
Friday October 26 - @ Southern 7:00
Saturday November 3 - Fort Hill 12:30

another year in which I love Alco's schedule

3 tough road games in Baltimore, Boonsboro and Oakland. Also Williamsport could be a tough also.

Anyone know anything about Episcopal?

Also, I still hate seeing Silver Oak on the schedule.. but every team schedules a cupcake at pretty much every level.

Williamsport is solid. This year Allegany came back to beat them in a close game.

yea they were last year. I just am not aware of them like the local teams on a year to year basis. If they are like they were last year that is an amazing schedule.

I have to be honest and say that is a pretty solid schedule. Good to see more local/region teams on it. I am glad to see the Boonsboro/Smithsburg/Williamsports of the world scheduling more and more versus teams from Western MD.

I have to be honest and say that is a pretty solid schedule. Good to see more local/region teams on it. I am glad to see the Boonsboro/Smithsburg/Williamsports of the world scheduling more and more versus teams from Western MD.
I wish those 3 would play FH. Could draw decent crowds.

Reactions: ConeyIsland
Friday August 31 - @ Dunbar 7:00
Saturday September 8 - Episcopal Acad. 2:00
Friday September 14 - @ Mt.Ridge 7:00
Friday September 21 - @ Williamsport 7:00
Friday September 28 - Silver Oak 7:00
Friday October 5 - @ Boonsboro 7:00
Friday October 12 - Keyser 7:00
Friday October 19 - Northern 7:00
Friday October 26 - @ Southern 7:00
Saturday November 3 - Fort Hill 12:30

another year in which I love Alco's schedule

3 tough road games in Baltimore, Boonsboro and Oakland. Also Williamsport could be a tough also.

Yep. Looks like a super regular season. Not sure if it is the best for where the team is this year - but if Allegany can keep that lineup year after year.... good for them.

Reactions: towpath94
Yep. Looks like a super regular season. Not sure if it is the best for where the team is this year - but if Allegany can keep that lineup year after year.... good for them.
Can you explain where you think the team is this year. I am not understanding this statement

Tough games including Boonsboro, Southern, and Williamsport? April Fools day is still in April isn't it?

Reactions: hbpass2
One home game in the first four is tough.

So, I’m wondering who dropped who? Chestnut Ridge or Alco? Any reason known? It was a good competitive series,

One home game in the first four is tough.

So, I’m wondering who dropped who? Chestnut Ridge or Alco? Any reason known? It was a good competitive .
I believe Chestnut joined a league that offers a 10 game schedule. No room for out of league play

Can you explain where you think the team is this year. I am not understanding this statement

This last year had some quality seniors: Robinette, Bratton, Buford and Llewellyn - to name a few. I understand they have some fine returning athletes and some moving up. But to me, it looks like a rebuilding year. That is a meaty schedule considering the circumstances.

Reactions: towpath94
The schedule isn't bad, but it's not super great either. All three of the above mentioned schools live off of beating weak sisters. I was shocked that Williamsport played as well against Alco as they did last year. That was their best game of the year, they were really bad at times.

Dunbar and Epis. Acad. are a different story. Not that Epis. Acad is on the level as Dunbar, they aren't close but they seem to play pretty good ball. They might be the third best team on Alco's schedule, but they won't produce the points that the other three teams mentioned above.

As far as the Chestnut Ridge game is concerned, I'd guess that PA played with their start dates or CR jumped leagues or something. I feel that they felt that they could compete with Alco but not enough to go out of their way to play them. Like Williamsport, they played well against Alco, but they lost to a Musselman team that lost to the Dogs by 50. They weren't world beaters by any standards.

Glad to see you have jettisoned the idea of Allegany dropping Fort Hill...good for you.

Glad to see you have jettisoned the idea of Allegany dropping Fort Hill...good for you.

Interesting point you've made. Basis my comments, you're right. I must say that my overall reaction to this year's schedule is that 4 losses, at least, are baked into it. Allegany, would then, only play FH once this year. (don't think they should play them twice.) I have never changed my feeling that both schools should play a ten game schedule and after homecoming hit the books - screw the playoffs.

Interesting point you've made. Basis my comments, you're right. I must say that my overall reaction to this year's schedule is that 4 losses, at least, are baked into it. Allegany, would then, only play FH once this year. (don't think they should play them twice.) I have never changed my feeling that both schools should play a ten game schedule and after homecoming hit the books - screw the playoffs.

I understand playing FH twice from the tradition perspective, but strategically (as long as they are both in 1A) it really makes no sense, lol.

Alco is playing the kind of schedule a 1A school from WMD is supposed to play. They playing most of the area schools. They are playing Dunbar, which will probably be a pre-season Top 20 Maryland squad. They have one cupcake in Silver Oak. I never have a problem with one easy game, the problems come when you play Silver Oak, Cap. Christian, MATHS, etc. year after year and never play any Top 20 teams.

Alco is playing the kind of schedule a 1A school from WMD is supposed to play. They playing most of the area schools. They are playing Dunbar, which will probably be a pre-season Top 20 Maryland squad. They have one cupcake in Silver Oak. I never have a problem with one easy game, the problems come when you play Silver Oak, Cap. Christian, MATHS, etc. year after year and never play any Top 20 teams.

Well, until someone informs me otherwise, this may be the least talented Allegany team in several years. They obviously have not adjusted their schedule accordingly - that is if they are scheduling for the playoffs. But perhaps this is another stroke of Hansel genius: schedule tough... avoid playing FH twice on a down year.

LOL! If FH played that same schedule, you would be posting on here that it was FULL of cupcakes!

LOL! If FH played that same schedule, you would be posting on here that it was FULL of cupcakes!

I don't think either school has a crap schedule.. I understand that it's tough for both schools to really schedule the way they'd like to because of the fact that they're both 1A powers. Thus, there's no incentive for bigger/tougher schools to play them - it's that simple.

This year's Alco schedule is just okay. Not good, not bad. Obviously has a joke game in Silver Oak, which I hate that we still play them, but other than that the schedule is very local for the most part, which isn't bad. It is, if you ask me, boring. I'd rather drop Silver Oak and go find a tough Pittsburgh, Virginia or DC area team. But back to the point earlier about bigger teams having no systematic motive to schedule an Alco or FH....

Alco is projected to be down this year compared to last year, so this schedule certainly shouldn't beat them up. But at the same time, I'm not a fan of "scheduling down" on a year you're projected to be weaker, either.

I give it a 7 at best on a scale of 1-10. But like I said, it's definitely not exciting.

I don't think either school has a crap schedule.. I understand that it's tough for both schools to really schedule the way they'd like to because of the fact that they're both 1A powers. Thus, there's no incentive for bigger/tougher schools to play them - it's that simple.

This year's Alco schedule is just okay. Not good, not bad. Obviously has a joke game in Silver Oak, which I hate that we still play them, but other than that the schedule is very local for the most part, which isn't bad. It is, if you ask me, boring. I'd rather drop Silver Oak and go find a tough Pittsburgh, Virginia or DC area team. But back to the point earlier about bigger teams having no systematic motive to schedule an Alco or FH....

Alco is projected to be down this year compared to last year, so this schedule certainly shouldn't beat them up. But at the same time, I'm not a fan of "scheduling down" on a year you're projected to be weaker, either.

I give it a 7 at best on a scale of 1-10. But like I said, it's definitely not exciting.

For a 1A team like Alco that fields a competitive squad but has no depth, scheduling down in a down year is (for me) a smart thing to do.

First of all, why are you making this about FH? This is about the Alco schedule. Second, the only criticism I have of FH is they don't schedule Top 20 teams at all. I don't think FH has played a Top 20 Maryland school in 7 or 8 years.

A perfect schedule. All Class 1A schools. Except for Williamsport who hasn't made the 2A playoffs but once in 20 years.

People might think I am knocking the schedule but they would be wrong. Alco is a 1A school, this is what they should be playing just like FH should. All 1A schools. This is the class both are designated. Makes perfect sense. Since 1A schools avoid FH it is best they find a replacement like the Pittsburgh City league schools or Silver Oak and MATHS. What's good for any 1A school has to be fair for all 1A schools.

I talked with a FH coach who told me they would much rather play Northern, Boonsboro or Smithsburg than Silver Oak or MATHS but those schools won't play FH. Either way the scoreboard is still a running clock.

A perfect schedule. All Class 1A schools. Except for Williamsport who hasn't made the 2A playoffs but once in 20 years.

People might think I am knocking the schedule but they would be wrong. Alco is a 1A school, this is what they should be playing just like FH should. All 1A schools. This is the class both are designated. Makes perfect sense. Since 1A schools avoid FH it is best they find a replacement like the Pittsburgh City league schools or Silver Oak and MATHS. What's good for any 1A school has to be fair for all 1A schools.

I talked with a FH coach who told me they would much rather play Northern, Boonsboro or Smithsburg than Silver Oak or MATHS but those schools won't play FH. Either way the scoreboard is still a running clock.

"Alco is a 1A school, this is what they should be playing just like FH should. All 1A schools."

Sorry you feel that the Alco/FH rivalry should never have been, what with FH only playing schools in their historically higher classification.

First of all, why are you making this about FH? This is about the Alco schedule. Second, the only criticism I have of FH is they don't schedule Top 20 teams at all. I don't think FH has played a Top 20 Maryland school in 7 or 8 years.

My post was still about the Alco schedule. I stated simply that if FH played the same schedule, you would ridicule it. Which you didn't deny. FH didn't schedule a top 20 team last year, so what, neither did Damascus who was ranked much higher than Fort Hill. Didn't see you all over the MoCo board pointing that out.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
My post was still about the Alco schedule. I stated simply that if FH played the same schedule, you would ridicule it. Which you didn't deny. FH didn't schedule a top 20 team last year, so what, neither did Damascus who was ranked much higher than Fort Hill. Didn't see you all over the MoCo board pointing that out.

Actually you were not talking about the Alco schedule, you interjected FH into the conversation and the thread has nothing to do with that. And I never said Alco is playing a great schedule this season. Read my words: "Alco is playing the kind of schedule a 1A school from WMD is supposed to play." If FH plays even one Top 20 school I would say the same thing. I'm never in favor of any school scheduling themselves out of the playoffs. I was critical of FH in the past because after Dunbar left 1A they faced no real competition in the playoffs and still played a bunch of cupcakes.

In terms of Damascus, you must be joking. You are being disrespectful even mentioning them in the same breath with FH. Last season, D-Mass defeated Walkersville (they ended up #4 in the state). They beat 4A Sherwood (pre-season #16) and Seneca Valley (pre-season #23). And Gwynn Park to win the title. FH would never dream of playing any of those teams.

Actually you were not talking about the Alco schedule, you interjected FH into the conversation and the thread has nothing to do with that. And I never said Alco is playing a great schedule this season. Read my words: "Alco is playing the kind of schedule a 1A school from WMD is supposed to play." If FH plays even one Top 20 school I would say the same thing. I'm never in favor of any school scheduling themselves out of the playoffs. I was critical of FH in the past because after Dunbar left 1A they faced no real competition in the playoffs and still played a bunch of cupcakes.

In terms of Damascus, you must be joking. You are being disrespectful even mentioning them in the same breath with FH. Last season, D-Mass defeated Walkersville (they ended up #4 in the state). They beat 4A Sherwood (pre-season #16) and Seneca Valley (pre-season #23). And Gwynn Park to win the title. FH would never dream of playing any of those teams.

"Alco is playing the kind of schedule a 1A school from WMD is supposed to play."....except if their Fort Hill.

Damascus played Walkersville and Gwynn Park in the PLAYOFFS. They had no choice. FYI, playoffs are not part of the regular season schedule. Oh, and when a school is ranked #23 in the pre season that does not make them a part of the top 20.

"Alco is playing the kind of schedule a 1A school from WMD is supposed to play."....except if their Fort Hill.

Damascus played Walkersville and Gwynn Park in the PLAYOFFS. They had no choice. FYI, playoffs are not part of the regular season schedule. Oh, and when a school is ranked #23 in the pre season that does not make them a part of the top 20.

Once again, I never said Alco is playing a tough schedule. And I didn't mention FH in my statement, I don't know why you are insistent on making every thread about FH. I don't understand what you are reading unless you're just looking for something to argue about.

DMass is a 2A school. Playing 4A Sherwood in addition to facing a loaded 2A West is enough. If you follow MD prep football you know that's probably the toughest classification top to bottom in the state. If you compare the schedules over the last 8 years there's no comparison between DMass and FH. DMass admin and community wouldn't even let them play a cupcake schedule every year.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Once again, I never said Alco is playing a tough schedule. And I didn't mention FH in my statement, I don't know why you are insistent on making every thread about FH. I don't understand what you are reading unless you're just looking for something to argue about.

DMass is a 2A school. Playing 4A Sherwood in addition to facing a loaded 2A West is enough. If you follow MD prep football you know that's probably the toughest classification top to bottom in the state. If you compare the schedules over the last 8 years there's no comparison between DMass and FH. DMass admin and community wouldn't even let them play a cupcake schedule every year.

DMass has very little control over their schedule as MOCO schedules inside the county first and most schools are only given the freedom to choose two out of county games each cycle.

I never have a problem with one easy game, the problems come when you play Silver Oak, Cap. Christian, MATHS, etc. year after year and never play any Top 20 teams.

What problems are you referring to?

Really what's the difference in beating Silver Oak or Capitol Christian 63-7 as opposed to beating Northern or Keyser 52-0?
Always said this myself. People say its good for the area when the local teams play each other, but how often are they competitive? That's why I don't complain when local teams won't play Allegany or Fort Hill. Now if all the area teams were on the same high level and refused to play each other because of a fear of missing the playoffs, that's what I would consider weak. But when Frankfort won't play Fort Hill I completely understand. Have they ever had a team that could have competed with Fort Hill in the last 25 years?

While it is true Alco lost a lot due to Graduation, I wouldn't count out this years team just yet. They have some really good football players coming back. If th offense of line can get worked out they will be fine. I am sure they will be relying on a few underclassmen this year

Always said this myself. People say its good for the area when the local teams play each other, but how often are they competitive? That's why I don't complain when local teams won't play Allegany or Fort Hill. Now if all the area teams were on the same high level and refused to play each other because of a fear of missing the playoffs, that's what I would consider weak. But when Frankfort won't play Fort Hill I completely understand. Have they ever had a team that could have competed with Fort Hill in the last 25 years?
I would imagine that 2014 Frankfort team could have "competed " pretty well with anyone around that year. They were a talented group with a lot of nice skill position players with at least 2 players ( QB and RB) getting rides to U of MD and WVU . They went 13-0 and lost in the championship to Bridgeport which is basically the WV equivalent of FH in playoff consistency.

I would imagine that 2014 Frankfort team could have "competed " pretty well with anyone around that year. They were a talented group with a lot of nice skill position players with at least 2 players ( QB and RB) getting rides to U of MD and WVU . They went 13-0 and lost in the championship to Bridgeport which is basically the WV equivalent of FH in playoff consistency.
This is true. So was this: Bridgeport 43 Frankfort 7

This is true. So was this: Bridgeport 43 Frankfort 7
C'mon BrianH ... I don't have a dog in the fight, just trying to be fair. But to totally disregard that team, especially one so recent, seems wrong. We all know matchups often determine the outcomes of games, but i'll take your route and use your analogy. Looking strictly at scores, in 2014, Fort Hill Beat Keyser by 8 . Frankfort beat Keyser by 1. So I would consider Keyser and Frankfort as equals. Bridgeport beat Keyser by 25. So are you willing to say that in a head to head matchup, Bridgeport beats your 2014 Undefeated State 1-A Champions by 19 points? I certainly wouldn't want to bet the farm on that logic.

C'mon BrianH ... I don't have a dog in the fight, just trying to be fair. But to totally disregard that team, especially one so recent, seems wrong. We all know matchups often determine the outcomes of games, but i'll take your route and use your analogy. Looking strictly at scores, in 2014, Fort Hill Beat Keyser by 8 . Frankfort beat Keyser by 1. So I would consider Keyser and Frankfort as equals. Bridgeport beat Keyser by 25. So are you willing to say that in a head to head matchup, Bridgeport beats your 2014 Undefeated State 1-A Champions by 19 points? I certainly wouldn't want to bet the farm on that logic.

You will get no love here for teams across the river. Play in all sports but football. Frankfort doesn't even exist to people in South Cumberland. I have no problem with Frankfort not playing FH. Make it all sports please.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT