ADVERTISEMENT

Alco 21 Albert Galation 14 final

I am thoroughly impressed with Alco. Everyone can keep talking about FH and Mtn Ridge but I would be very leery having to play the Campers late in the season if they stay healthy and keep improving like this.

They were in that game with Mtn Ridge to a point through 3 quarters. I don't think there was any question Mtn Ridge was a much better football team based on scoring ability. Alco can't keep shooting themselves in the foot offensively. I was at that game in Frostburg two weeks ago. Alco is not a big play offense. They just grind and rely on solid defense. Given this, the Campers cannot continue to get 5 and 10 yard penalties and get behind on the sticks. They cannot afford the sack or 3 yard loss on a running play like the did in Frostburg as it kills the 15 play drive. Alco needed 15 play drives to score on Mtn Ridge and the little mistakes prevented such. If they can avoid those little things, they will be a tough out for everyone.

Great work by Coach Hansel, great work. I really thought Alco would struggle these next two years with youth and numbers.

I suspect the loser of the FH vs. Mtn Ridge "Game of The Century" will have to draw Alco in the regional rounds of the playoffs. I'm thinking as a coach, I would prefer not to have to deal with that (meant as a compliment).

Reactions: Jailerman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT