Boonsboro (+33) at Middletown
Catoctin (+13) at South Hagerstown
Clear Spring (+37) at Williamsport
Fort Hill (-12) at Hollidaysburg
Smithsburg (+36) at Mountain Ridge
Frankfort (-6) at Northern
Southern (+32) at Pendleton

Last edited:
Please explain it to me seriously I never really bet and understood the point spread

If a team is plus that is how many points they are picked to lose by. For example if the score was Alco 0 Albert Gallatin 12 it would be like 0-0 basically Alco gets a 12 point lead to start with. The person thinks Middletown is going beat Boonsboro by 33 points.

Reactions: JONGO
I will adjust the FH hollidaysburg line since FH now has a ton of players out on quarantine. To
FH (+7) at Hollidaysburg

Have no idea who they will use. Was told every starter but 1 is out on the off line. But half the vaccinated roster voted to play even though the school wanted to cancel.

The school shouldn't have canceled. The kids were right in this case. Kids, and their parents knew what was required to be able to stay on the field this year. The decision is up to the individuals and right or wrong, life will go on, and so should the games. You have to address this as a week with injuries. I think that for the most part, Fort Hill did the right thing. Knowing that they pulled some JVs, I would have still played the JV game with what I had left. You would have had to play with kids who normally wouldn't be starting, and you may take an L but there's no substitute for game experience at any level. Who knows, it may have helped the team out down the road.

Reactions: CrickRat23
The school shouldn't have canceled. The kids were right in this case. Kids, and their parents knew what was required to be able to stay on the field this year. The decision is up to the individuals and right or wrong, life will go on, and so should the games. You have to address this as a week with injuries. I think that for the most part, Fort Hill did the right thing. Knowing that they pulled some JVs, I would have still played the JV game with what I had left. You would have had to play with kids who normally wouldn't be starting, and you may take an L but there's no substitute for game experience at any level. Who knows, it may have helped the team out down the road.
The JV game with Southern was cancelled because some FH JV players tested positive. The JV players pulled up to varsity were vaxed.

Inexperience is one thing, but FH has no depth now. There are 6 linemen at best available and that includes the JV players bought up. So if someone cramps or gets injured they will have to use a defensive back on the line.

If a team is plus that is how many points they are picked to lose by. For example if the score was Alco 0 Albert Gallatin 12 it would be like 0-0 basically Alco gets a 12 point lead to start with. The person thinks Middletown is going beat Boonsboro by 33 points.
thank you

Alco (+12) at Albert Gallatin
Boonsboro (+33) at Middletown
Catoctin (+13) at South Hagerstown
Clear Spring (+37) at Williamsport
Fort Hill (-12) at Hollidaysburg
Smithsburg (+36) at Mountain Ridge
Frankfort (-6)
at Northern
Southern (+32) at Pendleton

My Bets, LOL I like The Dawgs with these spreads

Alco +12
Boonsboro +33
Catoctin +13
Clear Spring +37
Fort Hill -12
Mountain Ridge -36
Frankfort -6
Pendleton -32

The JV game with Southern was cancelled because some FH JV players tested positive. The JV players pulled up to varsity were vaxed.

Inexperience is one thing, but FH has no depth now. There are 6 linemen at best available and that includes the JV players bought up. So if someone cramps or gets injured they will have to use a defensive back on the line.
I think your last statement is why I'd say don't play the game. I realize I'm in the minority here but there's a reason why we don't usually defer to kids for safety and health decisions. If a db moves to the line and gets mauled all game and possibly injured, what have we really accomplished? There are often underclassmen ready to be on varsity but this is not one of those cases so I do have a bad feeling about them competing over their head against much bigger upperclassmen. That's just me, we'll see what happens on the field. No matter what happens I don't think anything that happens as a result of this decision should be used as an excuse in the next few games.

I think your last statement is why I'd say don't play the game. I realize I'm in the minority here but there's a reason why we don't usually defer to kids for safety and health decisions. If a db moves to the line and gets mauled all game and possibly injured, what have we really accomplished? There are often underclassmen ready to be on varsity but this is not one of those cases so I do have a bad feeling about them competing over their head against much bigger upperclassmen. That's just me, we'll see what happens on the field. No matter what happens I don't think anything that happens as a result of this decision should be used as an excuse in the next few games.
Agreed.
However, this is pretty much what Hancock, Clear Spring and Southern types deal with on a yearly basis...defensive backs at 160 lbs playing guard or center. Sometimes on 2 days notice because of injuries.

If your issue is playing a game and getting beaten, what the rankings and point standings and local fan chatter might be after losing to a descent Hollidaysburg team for the first time in a long time, then you are missing the point of why we do this. It's for the kids to have a game. I can already hear the grumblings from the unintelligent FH fans about why plays are not working out tonight, this new coaching staff isn't the old, blah, blah, blah. I think it took a lot of guts for the FH coaches to play this game most every starting lineman out. Just have fun.

COVID is an excuse for everyone with these quarantines and cancellations. I believe every game counts but they all get an asterisk so when people ask 50 years from now why they played a game in October and two in March they will know. Nothing is normal.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT