ADVERTISEMENT

1A West/Local Schools 2019 Football Schedules (Updated 8/29/19)

Here's the full Hancock schedule:

Hancock
Week 1 6-Sep Masanutten Military (VA)
Week 2 13-Sep at Berkeley Springs (WV)
Week 3 20-Sep at Smithsburg
Week 4 27-Sep Williamsport
Week 5 4-Oct at Clear Spring
Week 6 11-Oct Maryland School for the Deaf
Week 7 18-Oct at Hundred (WV)
Week 8 25-Oct at Paden City (WV)
Week 9 1-Nov Model School for the Deaf (DC)

Boonsboro and Catoctin are playing on 9/6, which means Fort Hill and Mountain Ridge are probably playing on 9/6 as well.

Good for all involved as the Catoctin-Boonsboro rivalry wouldn't have been played this year otherwise.
I'd much rather open with Boonsboro than Fort Hill. Lol. I didn't think the Mountain Ridge schedule could get any harder following the last several years. Clearly I was wrong. They open with Fort Hill, Catoctin, and Allegany.

With the updates today we now have complete schedules for all teams except for Boonsboro and Fort Hill. I am missing Boonsboro's opponent for 10/18. More than likely they play one of the Frederick, Carroll or Washington County higher classification teams. It could be Century, North Hagerstown or South Hagerstown, as they are the only schools from last year's schedule that aren't on this year's schedule. Once I have that they will be complete.

The biggest secret in the world appears to be Fort Hill's schedule. It appears they are actively looking for one game. I only have 5 games confirmed for them as of now.

Last edited:
Been able to piece together a good chunk of Linganore's schedule from various sources. My guess would be that Week 4 is @ Oakdale and Week 8 is home against Tuscarora. Surprised to still see TJ on the schedule but from looking at their schedule on Maxpreps, doesn't look like they are playing much of an independent schedule as has been said earlier.

Week 1 6-Sep- @ Liberty
Week 2 13-Sep- Westminster
Week 3 20-Sep- @ Middletown
Week 4 27-Sep-
Week 5 4-Oct- Walkersville
Week 6 12-Oct- @ Penns Grove, NJ (13-0, 2018 NJISAA South Group 1 Champions)
Week 7 18-Oct- @ TJ
Week 8 25-Oct-
Week 9 1-Nov- Urbana

Reactions: beall02
With the updates today we now have complete schedules for all teams except for Boonsboro and Fort Hill. I am missing Boonsboro's opponent for 10/18 week. More than likely they play one of the Frederick or Carroll county higher classification teams. It could be Century, North Hagerstown or South Hagerstown as they are the only schools from last year's schedule that aren't on this year's schedule. Once I have that they will be complete. The biggest secret in the world appears to be Fort Hill's schedule. It appears they are actively looking for one game. I only have 5 games confirmed for them as of now.

Francis Scott Key, North and South Hagerstown are the only three teams open on 10/18 in Carroll/Frederick/Washington. Key and Boonsboro playing makes a lot of sense.

Know of anyone open Week 4 (Sept. 27)?
Point Pleasant, Montcalm and Notre Dame all have open dates for that week in WV. Not sure if there would be any mutual interest there at all. Not even sure if any of them make any sense to be honest. Doesn't seem to be any schools in MD looking for games that week.

Archbishop Alter High School (Dayton, OH), Caldwell High School (Eastern OH), Cambridge High School (Eastern OH), Marietta High School (Eastern OH), Southern Local High School (Salinesville, OH), Toronto High School (Toronto, OH) and Trimble High School (Athens, OH) all have open dates listed on the WVSSAC site. Not sure if they are still needed. Not sure if they make sense. The Dayton one is the furthest away. Most of them are in Eastern Ohio and within 3.5 hours.

Hurley High School (Southwest VA), Life Christian Academy (Chester, VA), Riverheads High School (Staunton, VA) all have open dates that week as well. Again, not sure if any of them are still looking and not sure if they make sense. But thought I would pass them along.

The Episcopal Academy (Newtown Square, PA). Not sure if they would be eligible in MPSSAA. They play teams like Germantown Academy and Avalon which I think have been ineligible in the past because of 5th year seniors. They are looking for a home game on 9/27-9/28.

The Episcopal Academy (Newtown Square, PA). Not sure if they would be eligible in MPSSAA. They play teams like Germantown Academy and Avalon which I think have been ineligible in the past because of 5th year seniors. They are looking for a home game on 9/27-9/28.

That is the team Alco had Week 2 last year but found out they could not play them. Then Alco ended up playing Perry out of Pittsburgh. Episcopal is not sanctioned by the MPSSAA.

I don't have enough complete schedules for most counties/leagues right now to say for sure but it looks like pretty slim pickings for in state games. I would try the old standbys: Capital Christian, National Christian, maybe Loyola or Our Lady of Mount Carmel.

That is the team Alco had Week 2 last year but found out they could not play them. Then Alco ended up playing Perry out of Pittsburgh. Episcopal is not sanctioned by the MPSSAA.

My mistake, I thought Alco had the Episcopal High from Virginia. Regardless, it looks like you may be back in the mix. How about an event game with a decent out-of-state team again? - If the stress levels don’t get to high with coordinating it. I would be willing to play some FH Bingo (May 30) to help with that cause.

Last edited:
Call Point Pleasant they really need to find a game
Point only has 7 games as of right now and must play at least 8 to even be allowed in the WVSSAC playoffs

Kent Price Athletic Director 304-675-1350 office phone fax 304-675-7480
Head Coach is David Darst

Point Pleasant is a AA size school
Located on the Ohio River about 60 miles South of Parkersburg and about 80 miles West of Charleston

Football Stadium is about 8 years old
Seats 4000
ProGrass Astro Turf

Will be in a rebuilding year in 2019 , but still pretty darn good

Call point Pleasant they really need to find a game
Point only has 7 games as of right now and must play at least 8 to even be allowed in the WVSSAC playoffs

Kent Price Athletic Director 304-675-1350 office phone fax 304-675-7480
Head Coach is David Darst

Point Pleasant is a AA size school
Located on the Ohio River about 60 miles South of Parkersburg and about 80 miles West of Charleston

Football Stadium is about 8 years old
Seats 4000
ProGrass Astro Turf

Will be in a rebuilding

Francis Scott Key, North and South Hagerstown are the only three teams open on 10/18 in Carroll/Frederick/Washington. Key and Boonsboro playing makes a lot of sense.
Yeah, it could be. I think it is North Hagerstown. But we shall see.

Not South Hagerstown

South Hagerstown
9/6 Notth Hagerstown
9/13 Howard
9/20 Tuscarora (MD)
9/27 Spring Mills (WV)
10/4 Silver Oak
10/11 Seneca Valley
10/18 Jefferson (WV)
10/25 Boonsboro
11/1 Williamsport

Frederick is also getting back to playing the big boys.

Week 1 6-Sep
Week 2 13-Sep- @ Oakdale
Week 3 20-Sep- @ Catoctin
Week 4 27-Sep- Brunswick
Week 5 4-Oct- Middletown
Week 6 11-Oct- @ Tuscarora
Week 7 18-Oct- Walkersville
Week 8 25-Oct- @ Urbana
Week 9 1-Nov- TJ

Fort Hill reached out to Douglass (PG) looking for a game for this fall but the Douglass schedule was already filled. They might get together and play in Fall 2020. Maybe this is a sign they are looking to step up the level of their opponents this year.

Last edited:
Fort Hill reached out to Douglass (PG) looking for a game for this fall but the Douglass schedule was already filled. They might get together and play in Fall 2020. Maybe this is a sign they are looking to step up the level of their opponents this year.

FH has reached out to teams like Douglass dozens of times the past decade and have been told no, most of the time those schools did not have the same open date. I have no idea why this is hard for you to accept. This has been discussed too many times already. Just as you tried to advise on the ACIT thread when the St. Frances debate was discussed. If you want to poke at the FH football schedule there are threads already in existence to debate it yet again. Practice what you preach.

FH has reached out to teams like Douglass dozens of times the past decade and have been told no, most of the time those schools did not have the same open date. I have no idea why this is hard for you to accept. This has been discussed too many times already. Just as you tried to advise on the ACIT thread when the St. Frances debate was discussed. If you want to poke at the FH football schedule there are threads already in existence to debate it yet again. Practice what you preach.

LOL, you're still mad about the St. Frances thread. Apples and oranges. I'm on topic here, you may not agree with me but I'm on topic. The problem with the other thread is you were talking about football in a basketball thread.

No, St. Frances was in the ACIT. The question asked was if the other MIAA schools played St. Frances in hoops. On point totally.

Or to quote you - Part of the issue on this board is people have the same arguments over and over that can sometimes last for years. All I'm saying is start a new thread for this or comment in the other thread that already exists.

If you wish to discuss who FH has contacted it fits here. If you wish to discuss them stepping up their level of opponents for the 100th time do it in another thread already here. I really don't care actually. Just pointing out your hypocrisy.

No, St. Frances was in the ACIT. The question asked was if the other MIAA schools played St. Frances in hoops. On point totally.

Or to quote you - Part of the issue on this board is people have the same arguments over and over that can sometimes last for years. All I'm saying is start a new thread for this or comment in the other thread that already exists.

If you wish to discuss who FH has contacted it fits here. If you wish to discuss them stepping up their level of opponents for the 100th time do it in another thread already here. I really don't care actually. Just pointing out your hypocrisy.

Yes, the St. Frances BASKETBALL team was in the ACIT. The ACIT is a BASKETBALL tournament. What are you still so confused about? LOL. You and the other guy kept talking about Biff Poggi. Biff has nothing to do with the ACIT. This is a FOOTBALL thread. I am commenting on a FOOTBALL topic. And I wasn't trying to take a shot at Fort Hill. I was actually doing the opposite. I'm saying they have been reaching out to quality opponents this off-season. I'm commenting on and contradicting what the guy from Lackey said earlier in THIS thread.

I have personally contacted Douglass and many other 1A, 2A, 3A and 4A teams in PG and Montgomery County in the past. Finding someone with the same open date is more than half the process.

When you have won 80 of your last 83 games, and 5 of the last 6 championships in your classification you probably don't have a lot of teams knocking at your door to try and play you. Especially when the better part of those 80 wins weren't even remotely competitive. If it weren't for the local schools such as Mountain Ridge, Allegany, and Keyser, Fort Hill would have even worse of a time trying to fill a 10-game, now 9-game regular season.

When you have won 80 of your last 83 games, and 5 of the last 6 championships in your classification you probably don't have a lot of teams knocking at your door to try and play you. Especially when the better part of those 80 wins weren't even remotely competitive. If it weren't for the local schools such as Mountain Ridge, Allegany, and Keyser, Fort Hill would have even worse of a time trying to fill a 10-game, now 9-game regular season.
I would not even know where to start. In the off-season of 2017 I was digging into Canada, Florida, NY and Michigan. Digging deep. We would have preferred a Maryland team and I asked everyone outside of Wise and the DeMatha type privates. That was the year we needed 5 games.

I am hoping the fact everyone makes the playoffs thing loosens up teams wanting to play competition, including FH. But there are always limits it seems.

I would not even know where to start. In the off-season of 2017 I was digging into Canada, Florida, NY and Michigan. Digging deep. We would have preferred a Maryland team and I asked everyone outside of Wise and the DeMatha type privates. That was the year we needed 5 games.

I am hoping the fact everyone makes the playoffs thing loosens up teams wanting to play competition, including FH. But there are always limits it seems.
I am hoping for that as well. It would be nice to see more competitive regular season games. I really like the look of Mountain Ridge's schedule this year. Once University comes off of it next year I hope they can replace them with Boonsboro, Smithsburg, or Southern.

Any word on the secret Fort Hill schedule Todd? I know they are still looking for one game I believe.

NORTH HAGERSTOWN
09/07 (H) South Hagerstown
09/13 (A) Manchester Valley
09/20 (A) Washington
09/27 (A) Tuscarora, MD
10/04 (H) Atholton
10/11 (A) Williamsport
10/18 (A) Boonsboro
10/25 (H) Hedgesville
11/01 (H) Spring Mills

Thanks for the update ED. That completes everyone's schedule besides the Fort Hill one.

What is the reason no one can get Fort Hill's Schedule?
Never seen a school not allow people to know their schedule

Sure can tell Todd Helmick has nothing to do with it anymore

What is the reason no one can get Fort Hill's Schedule?
Never seen a school not allow people to know their schedule

Sure can tell Todd Helmick has nothing to do with it anymore
They tend to be the last one in the area to fill a schedule because of the difficulty in finding games. Todd was always nice enough to post as soon as he had a preliminary final schedule. Sure miss that, lol.

I'm assuming we haven't heard much because they don't have a complete schedule yet. I know they were looking for at least one game as recently as a couple weeks ago. The other two games missing have to either be other MD teams east of Carroll County, out of state, or similar to the likes of private schools.

The FH schedule is not complete. Personally, I would have at least announced what they have. The problem is the schedule may get shifted around yet again which leads to problems for parents, fans and season ticket holders already locking in plans on what they think is a definite thing. Yes, FH football still has the most trouble of anyone in the state getting games for reasons we have discussed here at length. Distance, not having a league, the fact they have lost 3 games in 6 years, etc.

The FH schedule is not complete. Personally, I would have at least announced what they have. The problem is the schedule may get shifted around yet again which leads to problems for parents, fans and season ticket holders already locking in plans on what they think is a definite thing. Yes, FH football still has the most trouble of anyone in the state getting games for reasons we have discussed here at length. Distance, not having a league, the fact they have lost 3 games in 6 years, etc.
Todd, do you have any idea on how many games they are still looking for? Is it just the one or more than one?

They tend to be the last one in the area to fill a schedule because of the difficulty in finding games. Todd was always nice enough to post as soon as he had a preliminary final schedule. Sure miss that, lol.

I'm assuming we haven't heard much because they don't have a complete schedule yet. I know they were looking for at least one game as recently as a couple weeks ago. The other two games missing have to either be other MD teams east of Carroll County, out of state, or similar to the likes of private schools.

Most of the private schools are totally full now.

I've got complete schedules for Anne Arundel, Baltimore County, Carroll, Frederick, Montgomery and Washington.

I'm completely missing schedules for everyone in Baltimore City, Prince George's and the SMAC.

I've seen complete schedules for the UCBAC but they were 10-game schedules and I haven't seen an updated 9-game schedule yet.

Howard County I've only got partial schedules (3-8 games) for everyone but Atholton, Glenelg and Hammond. Bayside I've got full schedules for everyone but Colonel Richardson and Washington.

As far as known openings on Weeks 4,5 or 8 this is it for MD:
Week 4: Landon, Loyola, Mount Carmel, Bishop McNamara
Week 5: Bullis, Green Street Academy, Loyola, National Christian, Riverdale Baptist, Boys' Latin, Mount Carmel, Bishop McNamara
Week 8: Green Street Academy, Riverdale Baptist

Last edited:
Southern Garrett
Week 1 6-Sep at Smithsburg
Week 2 13-Sep Moorefield (WV)
Week 3 20-Sep at Gwynn Park
Week 4 27-Sep Pendleton County (WV)
Week 5 4-Oct at Catoctin
Week 6 11-Oct at Fort Hill
Week 7 18-Oct Tucker County (WV)
Week 8 25-Oct Clear Spring
Week 9 1-Nov Northern Garrett

after edit to correct

Also Fort Hill vs Mt Ridge on 9/6 at Mt Ridge

Last edited:
Southern Garrett
Week 1 6-Sep at Smithsburg
Week 2 13-Sep Moorefield (WV)
Week 3 20-Sep at Gwynn Park
Week 4 27-Sep Pendleton County (WV)
Week 5 4-Oct at Fort Hill
Week 6 11-Oct at Catoctin
Week 7 18-Oct Tucker County (WV)
Week 8 25-Oct Clear Spring
Week 9 1-Nov Northern Garrett

Also Fort Hill vs Mt Ridge on 9/6 at Mt Ridge
How sure are you on the Week 5 & 6 part of this schedule. I have the Fort Hill/Southern game on 10/11 and Southern/Catoctin on 10/4. Catoctin plays at Walkersville on 10/11 based on what info I have.

How sure are you on the Week 5 & 6 part of this schedule. I have the Fort Hill/Southern game on 10/11 and Southern/Catoctin on 10/4. Catoctin plays at Walkersville on 10/11 based on what info I have.
-------------------------
You are correct,
I forgot to edit my list before copy and paste of the Southern Garrett schedule

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT