ADVERTISEMENT

The big man at Keyser

I took a trip from Tampa to West Virginia and I had the pleasure to go to the WVU camp and watch a lot of great talent but the big man from Keyser stood out. I personally clocked his 40 yard dash at 4.9 seconds. For sure tops in the defensive lineman. I'm sure he will be heavily recruited. Doubt he wants to leave the mountain state for Florida, but man I sure hope he does.

Still waiting for an offer. Cole has been by far the most dedicated student-athlete I have ever had the pleasure of trying to help. I think he has been to about 20 camps this summer. Talks with dozens of coaches. Beats the email/text contact drum constantly. The D2 side of things...they just don't offer this early. Which is really how D1 should work. The thought of handing out scholarships before these kids even play a snap their senior year just leaves me scratching my head on how the process got to this point. But any way, Cole can play. Someone will pull the trigger at some point and give this kid an offer. He'll be one of the lucky ones from around here. It can be a frustrating process however. Just gotta keep working through it all. If you are not a 4 or 5 star label, getting a scholarship is hard work and dedication. It's EXACTLY like trying to land a good job. Very difficult. Gotta keep banging on doors.

Cole is the pure definition of someone who will figure out a way to run through a brick wall if the coaches ask him to. He's smart and would figure it out.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT