ADVERTISEMENT

Football Quote Board - September 11th

Maryland Varsity

Jul 18, 2013
What are elite football players saying about their opponent this weekend on the field? Find out now!

Player: Marriotts Ridge defensive end Adedayo Togun

Opponent: Glenelg

How has everything been going so far for the football season?
“The season is going great. We just finished up a really good set of 2-a-days as we prepare for our season.”

Who do you play next? What do you know about them as a team?
“We are away at Glenelg, which we are really fired up for because we have a lot of faith in our class of returning seniors. We know they will be a talented team regardless of who they lost, so it will be a great challenge during week one.”

What will allow your team to reach their full potential this season?
“I feel we have greatly improved on our passing game. We became one dimensional at points behind our run game. but we have a lot of experienced running backs and wide receivers ready to spread the field.”

Player: National Christian Academy offensive guard Elijah Lastrap

Opponent: Riverdale

How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“The season has been going great, but we as a team know we can play better and improve.”

Who is your next opponent? What are your thoughts on them overall?
“We have our bye week then is Dale (Riverdale) week. From what my teammates have told me, there is a rivalry between us and Dale so I’m definitely looking forward for this game.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“The team can always improve. If we didn’t, then we wouldn’t be going 100% every practice. Some of the things I think I need to improve on is making sure all my QBs don’t have to wash their jerseys.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“I think some of things that can make this team better is making sure we’re all going 110% every practice so when go on the field against a team with different color jerseys than us, it can be a lot easier for us getting the W.”

What are your goals for the rest of the season?
“The team’s goal is simple; win. It doesn’t matter if we win by a field goal or even by 64 points. Our goal each and every day is to make sure we play to our best of our God given talents and win every game.”

Player: Calvert offensive tackle Isaiah Foote

Opponent: Northern

“Everything is going great. We’re young this year, but that shouldn’t hold us back from a great year.”

“Northern High School. They always give us a good game. When we play them this year, it means a little more though.”

“I think my team could improve on treating every team like a top contender.”

“Hard work and picking each other up when we’re slacking and pushing us out of our comfort zone.”

“For my team to win our division and do good in the playoffs.”

Player: Bishop McNamara quarterback Jordan Pierce

Opponent: St. Mary's Ryken

“The football season is going very well right now.”

“We play Ryken. I’m just worried about playing Riverdale right now, but I believe we can beat anybody if we play our best game.”

“We can improve on a lot as a team. I think we can improve on communication on and off the field.”

“Playing as one unit and all having the same goal, which is winning a WCAC championship.”

“One of the main goal goals mine is to help lead my team to a championship and to make sure my team knows I played my heart out every year.”

Player: Quince Orchard offensive guard Diego Turcios

Opponent: Damascus

“Everything so far has been going good so far. I learned a couple new techniques to benefit in games coming up.”

“Our next opponent will be Damascus. You know they always have good players just like we do, and it will be a good fight.”

“For the most part, our team is a good part just making sure everyone executes as a unit.”

“I think being able execute and to stay humble.”

“Moving up with the season, I want to be able to improve every practice and every game.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News